Ibanez Gio GRG140
Gotoh Locking Tuners
Seymour Duncan Lil Screamin Demon neck pickup
Seymour Duncan STK-S4m Classic Stack middle pickup
Seymour Duncan SH-15 Alternative 8 bridge pickup
D'Addario EXL140 Light Top/Heavy Bottom Electric Guitar Strings
Tuned to Drop C.

Opinions on if this would be a decent mod and/or if It would work?
Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Get a better quality guitar. Spending more money on mods than what the guitar itself is worth is a false economy.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
^ yeah. total up how much all that will cost, add it to how much you roughly think you'd get if you sold your guitar, and see how much you have. it might be enough to just get a better guitar, which (unless your current guitar has sentimental value or something like that) is normally a much better idea in the long run.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It would work, but the mods would probably cost 3x the price of the guitar. If you are doing this all slowly, and learning how to mod/wire up a guitar over a long period of time, go for it. But I'd suggest putting the $ toward a guitar that gets closer to the sound you want if you are going to spend the money all at once. I learned about modding by trying out different switches and wiring schemes on a guitar over the period of a few years, so the financial impact was tiny (also, I shopped around). I never got my money back, but I learned a lot.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
The guitar holds sentimental value to me, plus if I will be honest I just love the guitar. I have played all sorts of guitars from PRS to Gibson and at every price point and it just sings to me. I realize that the investment would be worth more than the guitar, but If I am happy sticking with the guitar, do you think I am making a good choice of mods?
if it's sentimental and you're going to keep it anyway, then improving it so that you like it even more may well make perfect sense

one other option is that you don't necessarily have to go for the absolute dearest upgrades- for example, i'm guessing there are cheaper locking tuners than the gotoh ones you mentioned, and they may well be fine, and you can (depending on where you are in the world) likely get cheaper pickups than duncans too which would still be a pretty big upgrade over what's currently in there. Now, that's a false economy if the cheaper stuff is much worse, but cheaper stuff isn't always worse, kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I do a lot of modding and it has nothing to do with economics or how good the lump of wood is., in my case it is mostly about curiosity. If you like the guitar, do the mods, but IMO, Dave_Mc's advice is good, look for less expensive options. "More" and "better" are not synonymous - and you also have to have a clear idea of what you don't like about the guitar as-is. For example, do you have a compelling reason for wanting locking tuners? A little work on the nut, good string replacement techniques or decking the trem might serve the purpose if you have tuning stability problems -depending on your playing style, of course.
yeah. i mean, if you have your heart set on a certain pickup and nothing else you've tried will do what you want, for example, then not getting it and getting something else is probably a false economy and you'll probably not be happy until you get what you want. but on the other hand, if you just want to improve the guitar and are fairly easy about what the actual upgrades are, you could probably upgrade it for less money and have it good enough that it was worth it, but that you didn't feel like you spent 3 times what the guitar was worth either...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?