I've bought a couple guitars (among other things) on eBay auctions and honestly I've never found a need for any sniping software / program. I put in the top $$$ I'm willing to pay for whatever it is I'm bidding on, and I let the auction run it's course. If you REALLY want whatever it is you're bidding on you can try contacting the seller and cutting a deal with them personally before the auction ends....otherwise load up your bid and hope someone doesn't want it more than you do.
I know ebay itself let's you set a max bid and will enter an incrementally higher bid up to that amount if you are outbid. I think I used it once; I've encountered it a few times.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Yes, like the other two have said, eBay has basically what you're after. Set your highest bid and it takes care of it for you.
Quote by Random3
I don't really see what you hope to gain from asking that question. Using an automated bid placer on a guitar is going to function in exactly the same way as using it on anything else.
This.

I've personally never found a need to use automated software like that for buying stuff online though. Then again, I use Reverb much more than Ebay, so I just negotiate with sellers/make offers if I really want something.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
I won my Jackson at auction during a bidding war without sniping software. I just timed my final bid really well and got a really good deal. Granted I did get a bit lucky.

I'm not counting on that happening again though.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Rarely some things fall under the radar and are won with opening bid. I got lucky with a PRS Mushok recently, also with lone wolf audio fuzz earlier this year. Most times I'm having a bid war within seconds to ending.
Quote by DQcrewmember
how do you ban people from posting in your threads?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You don't

Quote by Zaphikh
"Why are we here?"

"Plastic... asshole."
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I won my Jackson at auction during a bidding war without sniping software. I just timed my final bid really well and got a really good deal. Granted I did get a bit lucky.

I'm not counting on that happening again though.

yeah you can manually snipe, and sometimes it works (it has for me too, sometimes i've missed out though usually because i was just outbid which is fair enough). though you need to actually be online at the time the auction ends (not always possible) and trust that your internet connection won't disconnect you (or your computer won't crash) at the inopportune moment
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?