So I'm 14 years old and after a long while of saving and selling my possessions I have set myself of €1000 for a new guitar, possible €1100 if needed. My basic requirements are
-Floyd Rose trem system
-Heavy pickups ( I don't mind emgs, infact I really like them but I don't have to have them)
-Fast playability
I'm a huge fan of Dimebag Darrell and I'm very interested in Dean MLs but I'd rather not have one of the Dimebag signatures with the big "Dime" logo at the top because when I buy a guitar I want it to be my own guitar not a signature with the guitarists name at the top. But are the Dean MLs for around my price range anygood? Other than that I've been looking at Jackson Vs or the Rhoads series. After that I'm not very sure of what to be looking at, I've heard schecters are very good and same with Ibanez. What other brands or models should I be looking out for?

Side note: I have 2 amps I'm very happy with, a Peavey Vyper VIP 2 for quiet time and also a Bugera 6262 infinium for when I want to either gig or drive be my neighbours to murder and I'm extremely happy with them so I don't need to go spend my money on a new amp.
I would avoid the Dean guitars personally. For the price they're really not that great. The $1000 Korean ones obviously are better than the cheapies, but when you look at what else you can get from other brands at that price range, they're just pretty mediocre. The Dimebucker pickups they put in the ML's are crap. I believe they don't even put FR1000's in the Deans of this price range like they do with other brands, they throw the inferior Floyd Rose Special into the guitars instead. Which is bullshit.

Have you actually played any guitars in that price range yet?

Do you have any specific preferences as to neck shape, number of frets, fretboard radius, body style, neck construction etc. There are thousands of guitars with EMG's, Floyds and what some would call 'a fast neck' at that price. Be specific.

Can you go used?

I personally think the Bugera needs new tubes and sorely needs vintage 30 speakers if you don't already have them.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'm not a metal expert, but I do know that EVH guitars are pretty damn nice. I want one myself. Whether that is metal enough for you, I don't know.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
One thing to consider - assuming it's not already part of your rig - medium output pickups and a clean boost in front of your amp can produce some pretty gnarly sounds.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
My favorite metal guitars are part of the ESP Eclipse or LTD EC series.
For 1100€ you could get an ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (FR refers to Floyd Rose) with EMG 81 and EMG 60 pickups.
The Schecter C-1 Hellraiser is also amazing and used ones are often sold for cheap prices.
Last edited by juvion at Dec 11, 2016,
Talking about soloing and shredding only 3 brands appear in my head
1.Jackson
Wide Range of guitar in this price you can get the pro soloist series and that will fulfill your needs. Well since you're a fan of Dime you can get Rhoads and King Vs in this price too (Not sure if its gonna be comfortable for you while shredding and playing etc.) . Jackson got wide range of selections as I said another option is X series soloist got fanned frets guitar too. (all I mentioned is under your budget too)
2.Charvel
At this price range Charvel got a pretty damn nice guitar to offer. (Pro San Dimas series) not sure about the looks though if you don't really care about looks this is another good choice.
3.Ibanez
No need to explain. But some of the Ibanez higher priced guitar is not equipped with FR system. The neck from Ibanez is amazing
At that price I'd look into the Jackson Pro Series and the ESP/LTD 1000 series of whatever shape you like.

Can you play any of these? Everything listed has different neck profiles and feel different.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee

Can you play any of these? Everything listed has different neck profiles and feel different.

yeah that's the big thing. personally i'd say if you can snag an ibanez prestige (especially one with either the original edge or lo-pro edge) for that kind of money, it's likely to be hard to beat since it's japanese-made etc., but if you really can't stand the neck profile, having objectively one of the best guitars available for your budget won't be much consolation if you subjectively hate playing it

I've heard good things about the MIM Jacksons and Charvels (the bolt-on models in the pro series from Jackson, and the pro mods from charvel), but i haven't tried them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I will say Floyd rose trems can be a pain to setup so if you don't mind the extra time needed to set them up for different tunings and changing strings . Then I recommend the schecter slim line series . Their necks are slimmer and you get tons of good features. Like great pickups and hardware . Ibanez guitars are great but come stock with really bad pickups and some of their trems are pretty unreliable
I would avoid anything with Dime's name on it personally, I see you're in Europe.

Have a look at these, if there's nothing that you want, send a mail to Adrian, he's really reasonable.

https://www.public-peace.de/index.php/mensinger-guitars/m-guitars
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
^^ yeah but to be fair the ones i'm talking about have good trems. and the rg655 (just about under budget... ish) has good stock pickups.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?