I got the Low Volume Zildjian LV468 pack, and to save money, we made our own cymbal stand out of scrap metal because we only had 1 and a hi hat stand.
It works great, is very adjustable and everything, but when you hit the cymbal the whole stand makes it's own sound, in addition to the cymbal sound.
It does the same thing with my old, loud cymbals, too. The sound has a lot more sustain than the same cymbal on my other stand, but the sustain doesn't sound like the cymbal, it almost sounds slightly like a china.
The stand is a lot heavier than my other one, maybe that has something to do with it?
I tried putting some pictures on here, but couldn't figure out how to upload IMG files.
The stand has a round base, made of a disk for a plow, which just has some hollow pipes going up to the hinge, and to the cymbal.
We do have a cymbal sleeve on it, made from two drinking straws, and some electrical tape.

Any ideas for modifying it to make it quieter?
Thank You!
Last edited by glorifyinghimguitar at Dec 11, 2016,
If possible put rubber feet on the foot or base (rubber feet for furniture can be purchased at local hardware store (not sure what it looks like so I am speculating). I guess putting 1 or 2 foam washer to cushion the cymbal and prevent vibrations from shaking the base stand.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.