Hello, i have a boss mt2 metal zone pedal which i used to use with a mg marshall amp, but now ive got a Blackstar id core amp which is known as a modeling amp, so my question is do modeling amps like this get well with gain/distortion pedals like the metal zone, or the sound of the amp is much better than the one i can get with the amp+ pedal.
Thanks for your help in advance
All you can do is try it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I'd imagine the ID probably sounds better on its own without the MT2.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
The Blackstar sounds much better than any sound you can get with the MT-2. I was pleasantly surprised by the ID Core when I played it.

You could use the MT-2 as an EQ/Boost by turning the Distortion off, dimimg the Level, and playing around with the tone knobs. I'm sure you could probably enhance the OD channels of the amp that way.

Also, if you actually like the sound of the MT-2, I really doubt the Blackstar is going to take pedals any worse than the MG, so just plug it in and try.
Quote by DEATHARTIK
Hello, i have a boss mt2 metal zone pedal which i used to use with a mg marshall amp, but now ive got a Blackstar id core amp which is known as a modeling amp, so my question is do modeling amps like this get well with gain/distortion pedals like the metal zone, or the sound of the amp is much better than the one i can get with the amp+ pedal.
Thanks for your help in advance
Generally, no. Really the Metal Zone does not usually get along with any amp, they are not really good units for most uses.
Lose the pedal cause it is not helping your tone.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
IMO, it is just substituting one cheesegrater for another.

Setup the amp clean, kick in the distortion, see how it gets along. Then see if you can top that sound with just the amp itself.
Personally, I'd sell both...fast.