Hi all!
I have been playing a classical guitar for 3 years and I mostly play fingerstyle with percussions. I'm thinking of getting myself an acoustic since I've managed to save some money. Any particular guitars to recommend? I don't want to go down to a shop not knowing what to look out for. However I can only afford at a price of no more than $500. Which brand or any particular model do you all recommend? Or anything particular aspects i should look out for? Thank you in advance!
At that price, you might be able to find a used example of my all-round favourite, the 100 series Taylor, eg 114, 110. Yamaha, Recording King, Tanglewood, are some Asian made guitars with a good reputation. But really, there are so many good inexpensive guitars these days that it is mostly about choosing one that takes your fancy. Importantly, the feel of a steel string guitars is dependant on set up, so take this into account when trying them, and budget for a set up regardless of the make or price of the guitar.
Go to your local music store.. Samash and/or Guitar Center and test some guitars out.. Epiphone Masterbilt acoustic electric guitars get great reviews. Taylor, Martin, Seagull, Ovation, Yamaha, Fender, Washburn (if you can get Japan made or Korean made.. China quality has improved too).

if you know what to buy.. don't be afraid of buying pre-owned.. if you're not certain.. ask a friend who is more knowledgeable to tag around with you.. they can provide unbiased feedback.

just make sure you know the condition and wear before buying.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Last edited by psp742 at Dec 12, 2016,
you play classical, chances are you'll want a wider neck at the nut than most acoustic guitars have. i started on classical, and find the 1 11/16" nut size found on most guitars to be restrictive. try the seagull original S6 - it's possibly the best sounding solid top lam back and sides guitar around. beautiful, balanced tone, 1.8" nut.

also if you're interested in a guitar closer to the size of a classical, try the recording king ROS-10 - it's an all solid 12 fret 000 with a 1 13/16" nut, and that little extra nut width feels better to me. it's all solid, btw.
http://www.elderly.com/recording-king-ros-10-12-fret-000.htm
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!