I have these pickups lying around from an older Ibanez prestige guitar. It's been a while but what's everyones thoughts on these pickups? I have a guitar I can make a nice project out of and I have these Dimarzio IBZ lying around along with some EMG H4. Are these Dimarzios any good?
they're decent if you like that type of tone

http://www.dimarzio.com/faq#55/60/7581
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They are not bad, if you have them lying around by all means slap them in the project guitar you can always swap them out later if you don't like them.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I love them but they're not for everyone. I think most people would hate them. They're not that hot and they're pretty bright. I think they get a bad rep because they shouldn't be in an RG. I find they don't work very well in high gain applications. My RG2550Z really started to shine when started mainly playing clean or with very low gain. The players attracted to RGs likely aren't the type of player who would like what those pickups offer. They're not fat-sounding pickups. They have a lot of single-coil qualities but not like a P90. The neck sounds more like a Strat and the bridge sounds more like a Tele. They're hotter and a little warmer and fatter but they have a lot of the punch, attack, and airiness you get from those single-coils. I wanted to change them when I was playing with more gain. But I'm very happy with them now. I can see why most people replaced them but they're not bad at all. They're very different from most humbuckers and they're probably not what people who buy RGs are looking for in a pickup. I think they have a great sound but not a sound that most people are looking for in an RG. And the people who would appreciate that sound wouldn't look for it in an RG. It's a matter of them being in the wrong guitars and not meeting the expectations people have for them.