Hey I have a "Dimeoflage" Dean ML like in this link
http://www.chorder.com/electric-guitars/dean/dimeoflage-750
Can I install the Zakk Wylde EMG 81/85 active pickup set in this guitar? I ask cause the installation videos I've seen are on guitars with 4 knobs and they even replace the old knobs. My guitar only has three knobs, is that a problem, also I think I might wanna keep the knobs I have on it now. Any help would be appreciated.
The problem isn't the controls, it is that EMGs are active pickups that require a battery. That Dean has passiv HBs- you'd need to route the body out to make a cavity for the battery.

Try looking at Lace Alumitones Deathbuckers. They're passive pickups, and sound a lot like EMGs.

Home from grocery shopping, now- here's videos of a guy comparing EMGs to Deathbuckers:

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
The problem isn't the controls, it is that EMGs are active pickups that require a battery. That Dean has passiv HBs- you'd need to route the body out to make a cavity for the battery.

Try looking at Lace Alumitones Deathbuckers. They're passive pickups, and sound a lot like EMGs.

Depending on the control cavity ML's are fairly thick it may be possible to squeeze a 9v in there using a think piece of foam or something to insulate the battery from the pots, I have the 9v in the control cavity of my 93 King V definitely need to see if the battery will fit first though.

DiMarzio D'Activators are passives that come close to that active sound as well very tight and punchy.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge