St. Anger
8 10%
Death Magnetic
2 3%
Hardwired... to Self-Destruct
0 0%
Voters: 77.
Page 1 of 2
Let's see what everybody thinks the best Metallica is.

.....................................................................................................................................
Master of Puppets I guess, idk not big on any of them. I think I like their sound most at AJFA but some of the songs are terrible

Load and Reload are bad and St Anger is memes
Lulu
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Load/Reload are great if you take the best tunes from each and make it one album. I voted Master but really it could be RTL as well.

This is such a Bands/Artist thread idea from 2002 lol.
justice would be perfect if they would put the bass back in it
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Master of Puppets is their classic piece, and it does have some great tracks.

Load/ReLoad actually are quite good, there's some great songs in there, but people hate it because it's not full on metal, more of an alt/grunge rock vibe.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Master of Puppets.

It was a toss-up between MoP and AJFA, their debut album comes third for me.
Ride the Lightning.

I thought Load was a very interesting album and the quality of the production is stellar.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I mean this genuinely when I say my favorite Metallica album is Garage Inc.

I don't care about Metallica in general though. Can't imagine listening to a whole album by theirs since I usually only like one song per album, so I'm gonna go with Ride The Lightning since it has Fade To Black, which is the best song they've written by far.
Where's the option for Lulu?
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Quote by ThrashTilTheEnd
St. Anger is the worst.

EXCUSE ME?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
It's close between Lightening and Puppets too close to call for me, as they are really different animals in their own right.

I saw Metallica on Ride the Lightening in a small under 21 club here in Indianapolis in 1985 Armored Saint opened then W.A.S.P. with Metallica as the headliner nobody in Indiana had really heard of Metallica at that point most were there to see W.A.S.P. the following year Metallica went on tour to support Ozzy with MoP and then the began their rise to the top.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Dec 13, 2016,
Lightning for sure. Puppets 2nd, kill em all & justice tied at 3rd. Black album is not very exciting. Death magnetic & Hardwired are ok, but I thought the second half of Hardwired was incredibly boring.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Never really been a big fan of Metallica
I like a few of their songs, would probably never pay to see them live. I like master of the puppets the most, but I still think the slipknot cover of that lead hit "master of the puppets" is still better haha
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by soundgarden1986
Load reload and st anger are the only ones that have decent songs

I dnt really like metallica much anymore tho

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

What songs from St anger are even decent

The last I remember it was shit
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Frantic is sort of a jam

Most of them I can kind of see what Metallica was going for but then it's utterly ruined by really bad song structures

Like some of the worst song structures I've ever heard in my life. The production is pretty far down on my list of complaints because at least its something different than every other metal album in existence
Quote by ElMaco
What songs from St anger are even decent

The last I remember it was shit

I think Frantic and Some Kind of Monster are fantastic.

Quote by ErikLensherr

I don't like Metallica, but oddly I had a dream about them last night.
They came over for a BBQ dinner and decided to spend the night, and when I woke up (still in the dream, not woke up for real) James and Lars were asleep spooning on the couch while Kirk and some other guy that was not Robert Trujillo were crouched down giggling at them.

Then I woke up for real.
Quote by institutions
I don't like Metallica, but oddly I had a dream about them last night.
They came over for a BBQ dinner and decided to spend the night, and when I woke up (still in the dream, not woke up for real) James and Lars were asleep spooning on the couch while Kirk and some other guy that was not Robert Trujillo were crouched down giggling at them.

Then I woke up for real.

This was actually a real thing at some point. I goddamned guarantee it. Lars and James are obviously gay for each other.

Quote by ErikLensherr

My favorite is AJFA but MOP is their best
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.

Quote by ErikLensherr

st. anger was a terrible album I saw them in little rock not long after that CD came out and they startedout with the st. anger tracks and it was pretty lame till they started rockin the old school battery. enter sandman, one , master of puppets then they rocked out but I have to say the the loads were the best of the albums I didn't see the black album on the list though..........
Wise man once said, " If you ever get lost in the woods, just start jacking off someone will see you."
Every Album! Not a big fan of st.anger but it had a few ok songs. If I have to pick one then its Kill Em All!
Ride The Lightning is definitely my favorite album - It still had a rawness to it like KEA, but also had some of the more technical/progressive elements they would further explore on MoP and AJFA. Hell, it even has my favorite metal guitar tone, like, pretty much ever!

Even though I enjoy early Metallica the most, I'll go as far as saying I think Load and Reload are underrated (And I'm glad they experimented w/those styles). Could never get behind St.Anger. Hardwired and DM are solid efforts.

All IMO, of course!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by Primus2112
justice would be perfect if they would put the bass back in it

Bass should be audible but it doesn't just magically save that record. It's just pile of riffs with no relation to each other. A few good songs (Harvester, To Live... and Dyers) but no match for the earlier three. Add terrible solos and tryhard drumming and we have ourselves a subpar album.
Quote by zgr0826
I think Frantic and Some Kind of Monster are fantastic.

you also think the Amish are cool
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by seventh_angel
I mean this genuinely when I say my favorite Metallica album is Garage Inc.

I agree
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Page 1 of 2