To be honest I don't know if the instrument is an actual guitar but it sounds like one to me. Listen to the song "Last Kiss" by Wayne Cochran when you have the time (I dont know if you can add youtube videos on this website via phone) to see what I mean. I'm probably going to get hair jokes instead of an actual answer if you actually watched the video, but I'm fine with that. So, is the rhythm created by some sort of pedal or technique? The rhythm sounds like chords but the notes sound like they're being hit one by one in a really quickly fashion. If hitting the notes individually and quickly was all I had to do them I'm truly going to be disappointed in myself. Edit: I added this in "Guitar Gear and Accessories" because it might be a piece of equipment that I need. Still, I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in.
Last edited by TROUnation at Dec 13, 2016,

Yep, it just sounds like quick arpeggiation, heavily palm muted. No pedal involved. It was 1962, pedal technology was not that good to do arpeggiation... Really it is still not that good.
Last edited by Will Lane at Dec 13, 2016,
Doesn't sound like any particular effect in regards to how the notes and chords are sounded.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by Will Lane

Yep, it just sounds like quick arpeggiation, heavily palm muted. No pedal involved.
Well damn I was hoping it was some pedal or something. Well thanks anyhow, now I have something new to learn.
yeah maybe they're raked/sweeped a little bit (alongside palm-muting as will said)? but i doubt any specific effects, as will says there were few if any pedals available then (even fuzz was barely available then). but i'd guess a tube amp and that tends to provide some natural compression which will likely help too. if you don't have a tube amp then a compressor might help.

and yeah i dunno what that is with that guy's hair. and i like hair metal.

EDIT: seriously though this is the right forum for these type of questions, just in case you were wondering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 13, 2016,
Yeah, sounds like a palm-muted raked arpeggio with a tremolo/echo/reverb effect. With the muting, the effect just adds a little texture.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
^ good point, i've never tried those but yeah i think that was the case. was it on the jazzmaster or jaguar or something like that?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?