Christians
14 36%
sjws
14 36%
anime fans
11 28%
Voters: 39.
Page 1 of 4
https://aeon.co/ideas/why-sexual-desire-is-objectifying-and-hence-morally-wrong?utm_content=buffer83c7c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Sex doesn’t just make you objectify your partner. It also makes you objectify yourself. When I am in the grip of sexual desire, I also allow another person to reduce me to my body, to use me as a tool. Kant saw this process of self-objectification as an equally, if not more, serious moral problem than objectification directed outwards. I have duties to others to promote their happiness, but I also have a duty to morally perfect myself. Allowing myself to be objectified opposes this precept, according to Kant.

I kant even
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Will Lane
that's why you wait until marriage in a monogamous relationship
lolnah
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
"According to Kant"

Why not just say according to Jesus or Allah or some other bullshit? Holy fuck.

The internet is great in that everyone can have a voice and put opinions out there but goddamn are there a lot of bad ones.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Quote by seanlang01
"According to Kant"

Why not just say according to Jesus or Allah or some other bullshit? Holy fuck.

The internet is great in that everyone can have a voice and put opinions out there but goddamn are there a lot of bad ones.
My opinion of Kant, and people who cite him, can be summed up by saying his name in a South African accent.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Will Lane

should people that don't want to get married never have sex?
>Kant
>Kan
>Ka
>K

How many letters did I remove to get there?

Three
3 and K
3 Ks
KKK

Kant is directly responsible for the KKK, and thus, his entire collection of works is racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, anti-Semitic, and anti-Catholic.

Is this really who we want telling us what we should be doing with our silly-bits?
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by Will Lane
yh

edit: i feel like you're about to open a can of worms on me

nah. i'll just say that's a very ignorant position
Where's the mgtow option in the poll?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Will Lane

Wait, this was a serious post?
ugh shit like this is why people hate philosophy. well, one of the reasons, anyway.

anyway this isn't much better than religious doctrines which encourage people to hate themselves and the short lives they have.

embrace experience and fuck ethics right in the butt
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Dec 13, 2016,
Okay, let's put some Kant in this bitch

Act only in accordance with that maxim through which you can at the same time will that it become a universal law.

If having sex was an universal law, then everybody would have sex in a massive global orgy. I very much will this to happen, it'd be awesome. Ergo, I can act according to that maxim, therefore sex is moral.

Thank you Kant!
categorical imperatives get my dick hard
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Mfw

Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Will Lane
k, i'm used to it nw
Actually, while we're on the subject of your religion again, I've been meaning to ask you: What's your opinion on widowed marriages? Is it ok to re-marry if you've lost a loved one? Even if they told you it's ok?
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
what a Kant
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
what a Kant

I went through this a few posts up. Read up, get up.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826
I went through this a few posts up. Read up, get up.
reading is hard
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
reading is hard

I'm harder

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by Joshua Garcia
Actually, while we're on the subject of your religion again, I've been meaning to ask you: What's your opinion on widowed marriages? Is it ok to re-marry if you've lost a loved one? Even if they told you it's ok?
1 cor 7 v39: "A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord."
Quote by FrogstarWorldA
Wait, this was a serious post?
you don't know me do you
Bad premises lead to absurd conclusions
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Banjocal
ugh shit like this is why people hate philosophy. well, one of the reasons, anyway.

anyway this isn't much better than religious doctrines which encourage people to hate themselves and the short lives they have.

it is only as an aesthetic phenomenon that existence & sex is eternally justified.
Damm right I objectify myself, I'm sexy af
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by neidnarb11890
it is only as an aesthetic phenomenon that existence & sex is eternally justified.
I'm less concerned with experience from an ethical perspective, and more from a preferential one

Until we get to system-building, at which point I'm more interested in achieving some sort of balance that might facilitate those preferences.
Quote by Will Lane
1 cor 7 v39: "A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord."you don't know me do you
yeah but what is your opinion on widowed marriages?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
author can go gargle some balls

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
lolkant

nothing in the world could ever be considered good other than a good will, so i guess nothing could be inherently bad other than a bad will, right? sexual desire =/= a bad will. sex generally implies happy feels. according to mill we should act in a manner that promotes the greatest total sum of happiness. therefore, sex is good. idfk im drunk
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I nearly applied the utility monster to sex then and I'm proud to say that I managed to stop typing halfway through
^ lol damn
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Banjocal
yeah but what is your opinion on widowed marriages?
... 1 cor 7 v39: "A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives. But if her husband dies, she is free to marry anyone she wishes, but he must belong to the Lord."

i might open up the ama soon again idk. maybe after the christmas season.
Last edited by Will Lane at Dec 13, 2016,
I'm still not hearing an opinion from you doe

Unless you follow scripture that strictly, in which case I am interested to hear your views on shaving and when men do the putting the wee wee in the bum bum
Quote by Banjocal

This seems pretty accurate.
Quote by Will Lane
you don't know me do you

That would appear to be correct. Given the general tone around these parts, you'll pardon a noob for assuming it was a jest.
Quote by Banjocal
I'm still not hearing an opinion from you doe

Unless you follow scripture that strictly, in which case I am interested to hear your views on shaving and when men do the putting the wee wee in the bum bum
well the idea is not to cherry-pick scripture with the stuff you at first agree with and leave out the stuff you don't. if this is what God says is right and wrong, then we better believe and live our lives to the best we can in the same way. we die to ourselves and live in christ, so yep you take what the bible (ultimately) says and apply it to your life.

i say "ultimately" says because yes some stuff of the old covenant is not directly applied to the new covenant. that is a very large study and discussion though. but christians follow what is laid out in the NT, with respect to the OT.
Quote by Banjocal
Sounds very convenient for someone trying to avoid cherrypicking scripture.
there is more to widows than that but reading the entire context of the passage, and with respect to the rest of scripture, it makes sense.

if i open the ama again (really anyone could post i just may not respond) then we can talk about it further.
Unless you follow it in toto I'm not too interested, to be honest. I feel that it would end up with us debating materialism and that's usually drier than burned toast.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
Unless you follow it in toto I'm not too interested, to be honest. I feel that it would end up with us debating materialism and that's usually drier than burned toast.
?

rt i am not a biblical scholar but i try to be thorough in serious discussions. it takes study but you do not have to dedicate your life to single biblical topics to understand them.
Page 1 of 4