Hey everyone!

I just moved and am living in a house in a new town with a bunch of room mates so I couldn't bring my 5150 down with me or any of my big gear. As such Im looking for something that has good amp models with good distortion that I can play with headphones (I play a lot of death/prog metal sort of Opeth influenced sort of stuff). Right now Im looking at a Boss ME-25, a Zoom G3X, and the POD Studio UX1.
It would be if I could find one haha, right now for used pods I see a POD HD PRO X for $450 and a XT Live for $200
Quote by Cathbard

Agree. If you have $500 for used or $600 for new this is the ticket.

You can also go amp sims on the computer with an Instrument to USB cable and some software like Peavey ReValver. Well under $100 with the entire Metal pack.

Vox Metal Amplug is another route for $30.

How much are you looking to spend?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
The HD Pro is a good buy. I would say that if you're used to the real deal, the POD HD series is the minimum you'll be satisfied with. Check reverb.com
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Look up Boss Micro BR range. If you don't need stage level switching, etc. that unit is tge size of a walkman, battery powered. I bought mine $60 used and I love it. It is not 'godly' in sound but quite decent and ultra portable.
Boss GT-001 might be another one to consider:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GT001/
These if you don't need foot switching.
Quote by dementiacaptain
The HD Pro is a good buy. I would say that if you're used to the real deal, the POD HD series is the minimum you'll be satisfied with. Check reverb.com

+1. the amp modeling has gotten way better from the XT to the HD stuff.

everybody is talking about the atomic amplifire, i haven't tried one, but it sounds pretty good from what i have heard on demos.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Headphone? Pocket Pod my man. I had one and it's loaded.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Went and picked up that used HD for $400 and he threw in a gator case for it too. Been messin around with it the past day or so and man, the change from the XT to the HD model is crazy!
Good choice man. They are pretty great, especially considering the price.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
FWIW take a look at the Firehawk FX. I bought one a few weeks ago for 349.99 and so far I love it. It's not quite as advanced as the HD500 but it still sounds tons better than the older pods.
I see a lot of people talking about the POD HD500 but to my ears I just could not get a good sound. Though, to be fair, I am quite picky.
Quote by waffelz436
I see a lot of people talking about the POD HD500 but to my ears I just could not get a good sound. Though, to be fair, I am quite picky.

It took me AGES to get anything usable from it, but now have nice cleans and metal tones. Use the community to download user presets too as I found some of them better bases than the stock ones to tweak.

It just takes awhile to get used to dialling stuff in on them. Thats the only product in that price range I have extensive hands on experience with, but if you can find one to try out and play with give it a shot
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special