I'm trying to learn the no more tears solo with these tabs -

I have no idea how to practice tha little shred part at 0:44 and the ending lick (triads i think),How do I practice them with a metronome? yes, i am that bad.

Please help me i'm starting to lose my shit
First of all, try to not look like an idiot like the guy playing the solo in that video and use your pinky properly. I don't know who that guy is but I feel bad for his fretting hand.

Practice the shredding part very slowly. I know this is beyond obvious, but that's pretty much it. Do you know what a triplet is? Or a dotted note? Do you understand differences between eighth notes, sixteenth notes and 32nd notes? That part uses all of this information, and if you want to practice it with a metronome you need to understand all of that.

To practice that ending with a metronome, set it to a slow click for a start. Each time there is a triplet, play three notes for each click. For the last two bars, play four notes per click. Do this slowly at first and build up speed when you get comfortable. As you might know, this way you're not technically playing the correct subdivisions (at the speed of that solo, you should play 6 triplets and 8 straight notes per click) but you build accuracy faster if you pretend the click is in eighth notes.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
First of all, try to not look like an idiot like the guy playing the solo in that video and use your pinky properly. I don't know who that guy is but I feel bad for his fretting hand.

he uses his pinky way more than i would in that solo. i'd only use my pinky for the really fast bit right at the very end. kinda hard to do that really wide 80s vibrato if you're using your pinky much.

zakk uses his pinky very rarely indeed, he seems to agree with me

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 14, 2016,
Quote by Dave_Mc
he uses his pinky way more than i would in that solo. i'd only use my pinky for the really fast bit right at the very end. kinda hard to do that really wide 80s vibrato if you're using your pinky much.

It's not so much about using the pinky, it's curling it awkwardly behind the fretboard that bothers me.

And I guess Zakk should practice his left hand technique then
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
i dunno what my pinky looks like when i play

and lol
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm getting the hang of it, thanks for help guys
Last edited by rprdo at Dec 15, 2016,