12 23%
descendents
7 13%
Voters: 53.
Page 1 of 2
which do you guys like more?

im not voting because im biased but i wanna see your guys opinion
Last edited by fazetaco1337 at Dec 14, 2016,
One of these bands is not like the others...

And it's the Foo because they rock so much better
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
You just opened up the sewage for all the music elitists. Why would you do this?
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Foo Fighters have a few good songs.

Zeppelin I could never get into.

Nirvana are pretty much the opposite of the kind of thing I like.

Blink are ok but hugely overrated.

I love By The Way by RHCP but I don't know their other material

I have no idea who Descendants are.
rhcp

bssm is one of my favourite albums of all time and i like pretty much everything they ever did except bits of i'm with you, the solos on californication and vast swathes of the first three albums

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Descendents

anyone saying anything else can sniff my ass
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Nirvana Blink and Descendents obviously

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
🔥hot taeks:::

-led zeppelin are by far the worst band on the list and that's prolly saying something
-foo fighters are frustrating because they really have no excuses to be as boring as they are considering their collective history
-nirvana is whatever at most probably the poster child for any sort of "name a band that sounds worse than their copycats" trivia question
-blink 182 just released the most embarrassing album of the decade hands down like omeLLy's on my time might've tried real hard but nobody is taking that crown from them any time soon
-rhcp haven't been good in a long time but hey at least they aren't making pretentious avant-garde trash that's supposed to transcend music or whatever fucking nonsense frusciante's been up to since he's left
-decendents are cool no idea why they're on this list tbh (cuz they're old people??)

fazetaco1337

I really thought this was a bumped thread, but somehow usernames like this are still made in The Current Year.
Free Ali
Those bands aren't even comparable to each-other, except for nirvana and foo fighters.... go figure

I don't listen to descendants that much to make an opinion tbh
I've always been a fan of nirvana and Blink 182, but their music is so over-played, it's become very lack-luster for me.
(i still saw blink 182 live a few months ago )

IMO led zeppelin are legendary great, because they're the pioneers of the trend of rock music moving in the direction it went,
but I don't think their music was diverse enough. they win the catagory of "best" in terms of just being an OG band...

My vote goes for RHCP ... very consistent albums and they gained a very large audience from rock to pop listeners, so diversity is key i guess. Too bad Frusciante is gone and doing his weird experimental electronic stuff now that nobody listens to...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by chrismendiola
fazetaco1337

I really thought this was a bumped thread, but somehow usernames like this are still made in The Current Year.

Nobody learns anything on the internet.
Quote by caeser1156
Your dick could still have a chick even if that chick had a dick
Quote by Hephistopheles
Nobody learns anything on the internet.
judging by your avatar, you learned how not to shit your pants.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
When history looks back only one of these bands will be remembered for the immense impact they had on their genre of music, even if they were told in the beginning that chances were high that they would go down like a lead balloon.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
When history looks back only one of these bands will be remembered for the immense impact they had on their genre of music, even if they were told in the beginning that chances were high that they would go down like a lead balloon.
By a member of what was one of the biggest bands in England by then, no less

I voted Led Zeppelin, but all of these bands are great in their own way.
hotter takes:

-FOO FIGHTERS -- boring af, ~and~ jawbreaker broke up after touring with them -- two strikes
-LED ZEPPELIN -- sounded good, i felt ashamed, i knew every drum fill -- but as far as british buttrock goes, give me sticky fingers & who's next over ZoSo anyday
-NIRVANA -- I think nirvana are good, and probably represented the dying gasp of rock music -- and -- contra minterman -- definitely better than their copycats -- I caught 15 secs of a bush song while trying to avoid an npr pledge drive & it was just embarrassing
-BLINK 182 -- mostly complete garbage, although I actually think their 2003 "untitled" LP is pretty solid
-RHCP -- I cannot stand the douchey cali-bro vibes -- actually that goes for blink as well -- never liked 'em
-DESCENDENTS -- milo goes to college is one of the greatest albums of all time but I honestly never got into anything after it

to sum it up:
THE CLASH are the only band that really matters
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Dec 14, 2016,
Quote by MinterMan22
-rhcp haven't been good in a long time but hey at least they aren't making pretentious avant-garde trash that's supposed to transcend music or whatever fucking nonsense frusciante's been up to since he's left
i mean foregrow kind of really sucked but trickfinger was decent if unambitious
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by neidnarb11890
hotter takes:

-FOO FIGHTERS -- boring af, ~and~ jawbreaker broke up after touring with them -- two strikes
-LED ZEPPELIN -- sounded good, i felt ashamed, i knew every drum fill -- but as far as british buttrock goes, give me sticky fingers & who's next over ZoSo anyday
-NIRVANA -- I think nirvana are good, and probably represented the dying gasp of rock music -- and -- contra minterman -- definitely better than their copycats -- I caught 15 secs of a bush song while trying to avoid an npr pledge drive & it was just embarrassing
-BLINK 182 -- mostly complete garbage, although I actually think their 2003 "untitled" LP is pretty solid
-RHCP -- I cannot stand the douchey cali-bro vibes -- actually that goes for blink as well -- never liked 'em
-DESCENDENTS -- milo goes to college is one of the greatest albums of all time but I honestly never got into anything after it

to sum it up:
confirmed to wallow in none for eternity
Quote by neidnarb11890
hotter takes:

to sum it up:

-don't forget how the foo fighters basically wrecked sunny day real estate at their peak by stealing half their band lol

-best thing nirvana ever did was provide the inspiration for this

lukewarm take: nirvana copycats >>>>> pearl jam copycats

-i was probably a cali boy in a past life. i'm tanned, put avocados on nearly everything, don't fold my pizza slices and wear a lot of purple/orange/teal/yellow. at the end of the day i have a soft spot for both bands.

-i don't want to grow up will always be my favourite descendents album. it's not as tight as their debut but it's got this lighthearted sensitivity towards the end when they start getting sorta serious that never fails to take me to a happier place. they pretty much perfected what would become pop-punk in 4 tracks without even trying.

-yeah
Quote by K33nbl4d3
i mean foregrow kind of really sucked but trickfinger was decent if unambitious

i had no idea what you were talking about (last thing i heard by him was that px interstellar fellatio zone bullshit or whatever it's called) so i looked it up

first track i click is expre'act and i can't stop laughing it's like he's farting into a mic over an old drum machine he spilled coffee on

Quote by K33nbl4d3
bssm is one of my favourite albums of all time and i like pretty much everything they ever did except bits of i'm with you, the solos on californication and vast swathes of the first three albums

the first 3 albums have a bit of shite aye but they also have some of their best ever songs. i'd go so far as to say their first 3 albums are the strongest period.
Quote by korinaflyingv
the first 3 albums have a bit of shite aye but they also have some of their best ever songs. i'd go so far as to say their first 3 albums are the strongest period.
they have their moments for sure (hence "vast swathes of" rather than "the entirety of"), but their strongest period is a bit far imo

or like, very far. miles far. but yeah no that's fair i mean i don't think they have any bad albums except maybe i'm with you which i found more forgettable than not

Quote by MinterMan22
first track i click is expre'act and i can't stop laughing it's like he's farting into a mic over an old drum machine he spilled coffee on
it's probable
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by K33nbl4d3
they have their moments for sure (hence "vast swathes of" rather than "the entirety of"), but their strongest period is a bit far imo

or like, very far. miles far. but yeah no that's fair i mean i don't think they have any bad albums except maybe i'm with you which i found more forgettable than not

I just love that early chilis vibe. Frusciante changed them a whole bunch, made them much more 'musical' but they lost something in the process. Not that I don't like those albums.

I'm with you is pretty forgettable aye. What I've heard of the new album was horrible. Just can't deal with it. They've been riding that borderline cringe wave for their entire career and they've gone a bit too far. Same with most of Stadium.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Dec 14, 2016,
MeTallIcA313

Same. Glad Nirvana isn't #1 like I thought they'd be. Most overrated band ever.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Nirvana.

I like Zeppelin but their one of those bands where...hhhm I like most of their albums but they've never clicked as "I love this band"! With Nirvana you have this real intensity and expression. There is a sense of urgency and the tunes instantly got me. I find them quite exciting. Their songs have great grooves, Dave and Krist really laid it down. The rhythms on In Utero are quite remarkable, think "Scentless Apprentice". Cobain had a real knack for songwriting and he came up with many memorable melodies. The tunes are so catchy! Ever song on Nevermind is great and Bleach has these amazing moments of sheer power like "Negative Creep" and "School". I don't care for grunge, but Nirvana has this spark. They get overrated by some, as does Zeppelin, but beyond all the nonsense and ironic smiley shirts there is a cool band there.

As for the other bands, I like Milo Goes To College and I have not cared to listen to the other bands listed. They've yet to get to me.
Last edited by PoptartHero at Dec 15, 2016,
I mean

Zeppelin, objectively
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Zeppelin is the worst of these that's for sure.

Nirvana or Foos is the answer.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by MinterMan22
enjoy
Quote by jakesmellspoo
enjoy

orgofart
in 5/4

best part of that Descendents doc i watched was when they talked about recording Enjoy and how the guy at the studio was pretty much disgusted by the fact there was a band in his studio farting into mics while Bill Stevenson agonized over the sound levels.
Pretty bad question: everybody with even a hint of good taste would pick Led Zeppelin.
Quote by ElMaco
Zeppelin is the worst of these that's for sure.

Uh huh....

Quote by TobusRex
Uh huh....

Ok.

Zeppelin must be one of the most overrated bands ever. Examples of superior bands: Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Page 1 of 2
Recommended threads
auzzietaco
Last post:
by Wolfinator-x