Hello. So I had problems with a floyd equipped new guitar (FRT O2000) The g string would go sharp, i had leveled the bridge, stretched strings beyond whats needed (probably 20 times) tuned and locked the nut and made sure everything was tight, also lubed the trem posts, nut was tight, intonation screws very tight, tried 4 springs instead of 3.

No matter what, the g string would go sharp... And i even returned the guitar for another (same model) and i got the same problem

I noticed that where the g string lies in the nut slot, the screw that is drilled in to hold the nut in place, was right above it, not exacly right above,

but on the edge of the hole where the nut has been drilled, so the g string doesnt lie flat with the entire slot of the nut, it was like this on both guitars

Can this be the problem of the string potentially slipping or something at the nut? cause i cant figure out what else the problem can be,
Possibly. Are you talking about the wood screws that attach the locking nut to the neck?

What guitar is this?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
T00DEEPBLUE

Yes i am talking about those, and its an LTD GH-600 (les paul/eclipse shape) all mahogany guitar.

Also sometimes (not always) there would be a clicking noise coming from what i believe is one of the locking nuts.

If the nut that is attached to the neck was loose, all the strings would go sharp or flat right?.

On the first guitar, One of the nut screws that screw into the neck was stripped, but on the second one it seemed to be rock solid on both.

Yet still same problem
Last edited by megadethmeister at Dec 14, 2016,
If there's a clicking noise that immediately suggests that one of the locking plates is loose.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
If there's a clicking noise that immediately suggests that one of the locking plates is loose.

I forgot to mention, the guitar goes back in tune on divebombs, but once ive pulled up and it returns back to zero, the g string is sharp.

You think its the locking nut not being able to keep pressure on both strings when one is not laying flat with the entire nut slot?
Have you checked that the wood screws that attach the nut to the neck are tight and not stripped?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Have you checked that the wood screws that attach the nut to the neck are tight and not stripped?

yes they are tight and cannot be tightened anymore they seem to be rock solid. Is clicking noise due to loose nut or can it also be due to the nut clamps?
Last edited by megadethmeister at Dec 14, 2016,
the locking nut plates themselves being loose seem like the most likely cause of the problem.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
it is defintely the nut. T00DEEPBLUE has the right idea.

i had something similar like that happen on a cheap guitar long ago. i ended up taking the nut off, sanding under the nut smooth (not taking off a whole lot),, shimming the nut, then taking some good wood glue (titebond) and filling the holes with a tooth pick, drying and re screwing the nut in. never had a problem after.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/