Hi All

I am loving my new Gretsch G5420 and play it A LOT, and the neck is getting a little dirty from my fingers and sweat and it isn't playing as well as it was so I think it needs a clean and maybe something to help my fingers slide up and down quicker, any ideas please? I was told to use Lemon oil but when I did some research it seems my guitar has a maple neck and lemon oil is a big no-no for Maple.

So any suggestions would be great people, thanks very much for any help you can offer!
Quote by bootcutboy
Hi All

I am loving my new Gretsch G5420 and play it A LOT, and the neck is getting a little dirty from my fingers and sweat and it isn't playing as well as it was so I think it needs a clean and maybe something to help my fingers slide up and down quicker, any ideas please? I was told to use Lemon oil but when I did some research it seems my guitar has a maple neck and lemon oil is a big no-no for Maple.

So any suggestions would be great people, thanks very much for any help you can offer!
Just wipe it off with a cloth. The lemon oil thing is about maple fretboards (which as far as I know no G5420 has) because those are finished so the oil would just sit on top of the finish and do nothing. However, lemon oil doesn't really do anything useful anyway unless you have a seriously dry fretboard, so I wouldn't bother with it.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Dec 14, 2016,