Hi guys,

I'm looking for OD pedal for blues and need some suggestions.

My current gear:

Rebelrelic 50s Strat
Brunetti Singleman 35
Earthquaker Avalanche Run Delay

Since the Singleman has no Master Volume i need a Pedal for OD sounds.

I really like Buddys Lead sound. Does he use a Wah pedal too for this sound?

Actually i think about buying the JHS Sweat Tea v2, TS808 mostly for blues + the JCM800 side for heavier sounds.

regards
A TS9 would probably get you in the range.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
tubescreamer would work for sure. don't hear a wah just him using different pickups.
Got a few TSclones. Don't know if it is one of them, but here I recommend the Keeley Katana Blues Drive

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
yeah that sounds tubescreamerish to me too. should work. tons of cheaper clones if you don't want to spend too much.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Recently i've been using a Tubescreamer into a Wampler Tumnus and it sound f'king sweet.
Quote by EyeballPaul
Recently i've been using a Tubescreamer into a Wampler Tumnus and it sound f'king sweet.

Im gassing for a tumnus so bad atm, but my Keeley Red Dirt is doing a good job so can't really justify it. I'll put those forward as options!

One of my friends swears by the Nobles ODR-1 which is nice and around £50 I believe - a lot of country players use them I think
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Thread was moved to forum: Guitar Gear & Accessories
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Shredx

That reminds me:

Visual Sound made double pedals called the Jekyll & Hyde and the Double Trouble. The first 2 versions of the J&H had a TSClone OD paired with a distortion circuit. The Doubke Trouble had 2 slightly different TSClone ODs. Both are nice, but the V2 series enclosures were much better made- literally strong enough to be run over a truck and still be fine.

They're pretty easy to find on eBay and Reverb, and quite affordable.

Visual Sound has recently become TrueTone, and they've re-released updated the V3 versions of several of their better pedals, including the J&H and the DT. The J&H's OD is supposedly now based on the Nobels. The DT's replacement is the VS-XO, with a Nobels OD replacing one of the TS circuits.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by Shredx
Im gassing for a tumnus so bad atm, but my Keeley Red Dirt is doing a good job so can't really justify it. I'll put those forward as options!

One of my friends swears by the Nobles ODR-1 which is nice and around £50 I believe - a lot of country players use them I think
Yeah i'd like to try one of those.There's few OD's i want but i have a tiny pedaltrain board atm plus i don't think i can justify buying another OD either.I think i just need a distortion now.Something abit hotter than an OD.
On that note though.Last night i tried my TS into the Tumnus and then into the blue Fuzzface but with the fuzz set to zero and just put the level up a good bit.It sounded great!Not too crazy but when you held a note it would just go into that nice controllable in tune feedback.This was through a clean Fender amp.Sounded sweet.
there are so many options out there. there has to be over 100 tubescreamers on the market.

i would consider a fulldrive 2 mosfet. the boost is handy, pretty adjustable range. $80 used.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Ok, thanks a lot guys.
So I will try some TS style pedals. The Keeley Blues Drive sounds really nice already.
Quote by Shredx

it's a nice pedal, but i think it's maybe a bit overrated. it can kind of do the tubescreamer thing, and kind of do the flatter mids/more transparent overdrive thing, but for either option there are other pedals that i prefer quite a bit more (e.g. tubescreamer or clone for the tubescreamer thing, a timmy for the transparent thing).

even for (sort of) doing both in the one pedal, the digitech hardwire tube overdrive is superior IMO. Granted, it's been discontinued, but not that long and you may well still be able to find them. At one point they were selling for about £45 and they're great for that kind of money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by EyeballPaul

On that note though.Last night i tried my TS into the Tumnus and then into the blue Fuzzface but with the fuzz set to zero and just put the level up a good bit.It sounded great!Not too crazy but when you held a note it would just go into that nice controllable in tune feedback.This was through a clean Fender amp.Sounded sweet.

That sounds great! I may have my OD's in the wrong order in my chain: amp - red dirt (clean boost) - TS - guitar. If this is the wrong way round it still sounds great, but wonder if it'd sound better the other way.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
I'd probably have put the clean boost before the dirty one. It might not matter, though, and there's only one way to find out. Bottom line, if it sounds great, you did it right.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I'd probably have put the clean boost before the dirty one. It might not matter, though, and there's only one way to find out. Bottom line, if it sounds great, you did it right.

Why? If he is using the TS as a standalone pedal and he wanted a clean boost for volume then having it after the pedal makes a lot of sense. Having it in front of the TS will just give you more grit.

FWIW in my pedalboard my clean boost after all my dirt and before the modulated stuff.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
^ yeah it depends on what you want
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
H4T3BR33D3R

Because if I want to use clean boost in my final chain, I might want to boost everything. Hell...I might have a clean boost before and after my dirt so I can do it ALL! BWAH-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa!!!.

*ahem*

Like I said, the bottom line is if it sounds great, you did it right.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
H4T3BR33D3R

Because if I want to use clean boost in my final chain, I might want to boost everything. Hell...I might have a clean boost before and after my dirt so I can do it ALL! BWAH-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa!!!.

*ahem*

Like I said, the bottom line is if it sounds great, you did it right.

If it sounds great, its good. I agree but there is a difference in where you place it in the chain.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
No question. Sometimes, pedal order RADICALLY affects your sound, sometimes the result is subtle or nonexistent. Sometimes, there are even big differences in the results you get from pedals of the same general type. To me, it sometimes seems as if pedal order is just a form or technomancy...

I'm just saying what I would have done first.

Sometimes it doesnt matter.

This time though there is a big difference
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster