Hello, everyone! I am really looking to achieve an iron maiden sound because they are my favourite band. I just want a tone that is close if anyone can help that would be amazing

Maestro Les paul
Amp: GM-05
Pedal: Boss metal zone mt2

I really need a new amp xD
Maestro Les Paul
Roland Cube 30x
That's it for stuff ^
no offense but you really need all new gear. sorry but what you have listed is total bottom of the barrel beginners stuff (except the metal zone which has it's own issues.) it's hard enough to nail good tones with far better gear but more of a fools errand to expect you can with really low end stuff. the MZ does buzzsaw distortion which isn't suitable for IM. if you had said a DS-1 then that would be closer
^ might be able to get something passable with the gain well down on it. keep the gain at about 9 o'clock, maybe even less. you need some upper mids so set the mid frequency to that amount (i'm guessing more than half-way up) and use a fair amount of mids. keep the bass tight (so not too high) and keep the treble in check because boss pedals sometimes are a bit fizzy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ might be able to get something passable with the gain well down on it. keep the gain at about 9 o'clock, maybe even less. you need some upper mids so set the mid frequency to that amount (i'm guessing more than half-way up) and use a fair amount of mids. keep the bass tight (so not too high) and keep the treble in check because boss pedals sometimes are a bit fizzy.

his amp is real tiny with a little speaker and only a master tone control. it's going to be tough to dial in any good tone with it. might get something that works within reason but won't come close to nailing any of IM's guitar players tones. I want to help this guy but realistically his gear isn't going to do it
monwobobbomonwobobbo
Quote by monwobobbo
his amp is real tiny with a little speaker and only a master tone control. it's going to be tough to dial in any good tone with it. might get something that works within reason but won't come close to nailing any of IM's guitar players tones. I want to help this guy but realistically his gear isn't going to do it
I use an old 2.1 speaker system with it to get a better tone
Maestro Les Paul
Roland Cube 30x
That's it for stuff ^
Last edited by ayayrawn.j at Dec 14, 2016,
[U
Quote by monwobobbo
Anything about the treble or do I make that low?
Maestro Les Paul
Roland Cube 30x
That's it for stuff ^
ayayrawn.j

what you need to do is experiment. I've never played thru that amp so I do't know how it responds. even with better speakers I doubt the sound will be much better. it's very limited tonally and even with pedals that won't change. as I said in my PM what you need is a better amp.
For now I would recommend a cheap modelling amp like a Peavey Vypyr, Fender Mustang, Marshall Code or one of the Blackstar ID TVPs. You will be able to get a huge variety of tones and effects to play around with.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Quote by ayayrawn.j
monwobobbo Alright thanks very much I do appreciate it alot

no problem. wish I could give an answer that would actually make you happy but sadly I can't. keep at it and as I said experiment. this will help you learn your gear and get some experience crafting tones. just keep in mid the limitations and don't have to high an expectation.
Quote by monwobobbo

agreed, but when he already has an mt2, it's gotta be worth a try at least. that was my thinking.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sell the MT-2 and the amp, and use the funds to get a better amp. A cheap modeling amp (just don't get a Line 6 Spider), or an audio interface w/an amp VST will get you much closer to the IM sound than what you currently have for amps/pedals. You want to use a British-voiced setting, with a good amount of mids and treble, and not a lot of bass. Don't go too crazy with the gain, either.

You do at least have a humbucker equipped guitar, so that's a good start.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff