Hi! This is my first post so sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I'm currently working on translating a music document into English and am struggling with some terminology from the recording sector. The direct translation would be linking catalogues and back catalogues, a service that the company offers. I understand the concept of catalogues and back catalogues but does anyone know anything about linking then, or something similar?

I was wondering if it meant acquiring a current artist's back catalogue from a former label to have the full collection available. Is this a thing in the music industry and, if so, does the practice have a name?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
I don't know, a phrase is not enough context. Could you provide a few sentences' context?
There is just a list of services offered in bullet-point format, with very little context to go on. It's just listed as a service they offer. I am wondering if there is a blanket industry term for this but so far have found nothing in my reserach.
Not sure if this'll help us, but what is the original language, and what is the word?
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
The original language is French and term is 'mise en relation du catalogue et back catalogue'. Don't know if that helps.