Been trying to learn the tab editor and am finding it painfully primitive. For example if I want to add the "|" symbol to mark the measures is there a way to do that without having to manually add the symbol for each string of the stanza? Is there a hot key list somewhere that I missed?
rotthausen1NeoMvsEu

Thanx But I'm looking for a way to have the measure insert itself on the entire stanza not just one line at a time. there should be a way to do that without having to insert the "|" on each of the six lines individually. Any thoughts?
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Can you use a line of tab and "CODE" "/CODE" tags surrounded by square brackets to show what you want to say?

Example:

e|-0-|
B|-0-|
G|-0-|
D|-2-|
A|-2-|
E|-0-|
NeoMvsEu

Did you put each "|" in individually or did you insert them all simultaneously with one key stroke? in other words you have this....

e|-0-|
B|-0-|
G|-0-|
D|-2-|
A|-2-|
E|-0-|

so after you tabbes the E minor did you mark the measure by typing shift \ for each line one at a time or was there a way to insert all the "|" symbols at once?
I wrote them all in

the best thing you can do is copy-paste. B, G, and E strings are all fret 0, so write one "|-0-|" and copy to the other strings, and change "0" to "2" in the D and A strings.
rotthausen1

There's a "Site Suggestions" subforum

Bottom section of all the forums, UG Feedback -> Site Suggestions

I think this could work as "add 6 '|' characters at character X in the current line and the 5 below", possibly? But I'm not sure how long it'd take to add a button like that