Can you help me get Green Day's guitar tone?

My gear:
Strat with humbucker (will buy a JB SH-4 soon)
Marshall Code 25

Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Respect post pls. ๐Ÿ˜‰
i haven't tried your amp but i'd probably try the jcm800 crunch setting. if that gets heavy enough. probably classic marshall 100W EL34 for the power amp, and I would guess 1960 for the cab.

problem with modellers is some are more accurate than others- that's likely what I'd try if the models are accurate.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 15, 2016,
Really easy tone to get. A JB will do well for it, its what I use. You want a good fuzz/crunch setting, bass about 3/4, mids 2/3, highs 8-10. And a good ability to switch rhythms on the fly. V30s also help. idk, its really hard to explain how to get someon else's sound