So basically I've owned a guitar for about 5/6 years but I never really got any good at it, but the thing is, I play it as a lefty while I'm actually right-handed, now my question is should I just 100% start over and go for right-handed or continue what little I learned playing as a lefty?

The reason why I'm playing as a lefty is thanks to a second hand Playstation and having Guitar Hero settings set to lefty (And I've played this for years so I've gotten quite used to it) I just feel like going for right-handed playstyle would be the better option even though it feels strange as all hell to hold it that way and will take a long long time to get used to. What would you guys suggest?
I don't know the answer, but I think that you aught to get some kind of prize for originality with that one. My feeling is that if you are good with a lh playstation, you can likely get good on guitar. OTOH, you would have a lot more choice in guitars if you went right-handed.I'm assuming that your guitar is strung left-handed, not just a rh guitar flipped over.
Quote by Tony Done
I don't know the answer, but I think that you aught to get some kind of prize for originality with that one. My feeling is that if you are good with a lh playstation, you can likely get good on guitar. OTOH, you would have a lot more choice in guitars if you went right-handed.I'm assuming that your guitar is strung left-handed, not just a rh guitar flipped over.

.....It actually is a rh flipped over LOL (Which is terrible cause I can't reach all the way down without having to bend my hands in a really weird way), and yeah you're right about having way more choice if I were to go right handed, which only adds on to the dillemma
Last edited by Kyshiro at Dec 15, 2016,
Hendrix played right handed guitars while left handed. If he can do it, why not you?

Just kidding. Get yourself a left handed instrument and make your life a little easier.
Quote by TobusRex
Hendrix played right handed guitars while left handed. If he can do it, why not you?

Just kidding. Get yourself a left handed instrument and make your life a little easier.

I actually just figured my left hand is way more flexible than my right, in other words playing right handed would be the better option, I think?

Thanks for the input though everyone, I'll probably start saving up for a right handed guitar and just power through learning it all over again
Guitar Hero is nothing like playing a real guitar so you might as well start right handed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Guitar Hero is nothing like playing a real guitar so you might as well start right handed.

I know it's nothing like it, but it did make me get used to holding a ''guitar'' as a lefty