I just bought a used Twin Reverb: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Fender/1965-Reissue-Twin-Reverb-85W-2x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-112126863.gc. The serial number is, AC 053238. I have scoured the internet for information to date it, but I have only been able to find information on how to date vintage Twin Reverbs. Can anyone help me date it?

If you need help, there is a plate on the back that says 1965-2005. The manual is from 2002.

Thanks.
Last edited by NostraHistoria at Dec 16, 2016,
According to this page it was manufactured in March of 1990 (A=1990, C=March).

Maybe it came with the wrong manual? Maybe that's not the same number though...
"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." -some dude
Thanks. I saw that page. If it was made in 1990, why does it have a plate that says 1965-2005 on it?
Quote by NostraHistoria
Thanks. I saw that page. If it was made in 1990, why does it have a plate that says 1965-2005 on it?

I never claimed I wasn't slow...
"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect." -some dude
Quote by monwobobbo
pretty sue based on serial number that it was made in 2005

Do you have a link?
Prime2515102
Quote by Prime2515102
I never claimed I wasn't slow...

no but fender has a fairly standard serial number system. first two # is year. the plate is also a dead giveaway.
I sent an email to Fender. I will let you all know if I get a response.
I've never dated an amp before. Tube amps are beautiful but some are a bit high maintenance, and SS amps can be the opposite. Make sure you treat her right man!
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I got really lucky with this amp. Back in June, I went to my Guitar Center and tried it out, along with a Vox AC30C2. I liked both. I bought the Vox AC30C2 on eBay for about $200 off, since it was a floor model. I picked it, since it fit my style better. I then looked up used Twin Reverbs on GuitarCenter.com yesterday. The same exact used Twin Reverb was at the store. I found out that it was put on layaway for several months. It was originally about $1050, but it dropped in price to $850. This amp was a favorite of the employees. The one who sold it to me wondered when it would sell. It was today.
Quote by monwobobbo
no but fender has a fairly standard serial number system. first two # is year. the plate is also a dead giveaway.

+1

also fender loves anniversary models, they will badge just about everything with something so that can be 'special'.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
They had it listed as a 1990 TR at Guitar Center. I thought it was, too. The reason was that it sounded a lot better than the new Twin Reverb they had. The GC salesman said that the new one does not have tubes in the power amp or something. Someone on this thread said it was not true: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1703268 Oh, well. I am happy.
Fender just told me it is from 2005.
Quote by Will Lane
"Dating a Fender Twin Reverb"

She likes dinner and a movie, might even let you kiss her on the cheek...

Sorry I couldn't resist...

More like she's big, loud and might let you plug into her if you can carry her home and deal with her high maintenance.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
More like she's big, loud and might let you plug into her if you can carry her home and deal with her high maintenance.

haha. WIN!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It's got a plate that references the dates up to 2005, and we called Fender and they said, "It's a 2005."
What were the chances?

I love Kristen Ritter...

I love Twin Reverbs, too. LOUD mofos when I had one. Heavier than hell when I had one. For years, the amps to have were a Twin Reverb for practice (because it was so much easier [*oof*] to carry around) and a Marshall stack (that's TWO 4x12s) for gigs. "The masochism was strong in this one" -- Obiwan Kenobi, of the Highland Park Kenobis.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

SO on the money. Lord.
Last edited by dspellman at Dec 20, 2016,