Looking for a good amp for a good amount of gain for hard rock. Few years ago I had a Peavey Vypyr and it sounded goo0d for back then....but recently I have discovered the Orange crush, i5t has that great orange high quality hard rock high gain dist6ortion, well it sounds good on youtube but those guys always make it sound good because they want to sell amps. to me it sounds killer but then again you never know what pedals they are using...have any of you used the crush? does it sound good for hard rock? do they have lots of gain like i heard on youtube? I need tom decide because I need to tell my wife which to buy me for Christmas. I'm either looking at the vrpyr with the 12 inch speaker or the crush with the 8 inch speaker or maybe with the 6 inch speaker....is the crush with the 6 inch speaker sound good....which one should i tell my w3ife to get me....if its orange not sure if i can afford much more than the one with the 6 inch speaker...I used to have a yamaha thrx and it had a tiny speaker and it sounded awesome.....is the crush comparable to the heavey distortion of the yamaha.....which do i tell my wife to buy me? Thanks in advance
Vyper >> Crush.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Vyper >> Crush.

What do you mean? Crush would be better for hard rock/metal? best for my situation which is bedroom jammin only?
he means the Vypyr is better. the new VIP series is an improvement on the original Vypyr series so look for one of those.
I still have my Vypyr 15 which I got 4 years ago and it's really sweet for a solid state amp. I got the opportunity to listen to the VIP series and yes, they are indeed a huge improvement, which I didn't think was even possible. For me, when it comes down to solid state amps it's definitely Peavey > everything else > Line 6.
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
Vypyr hands down. The only crushes worth their weight IMHO are the CR60, CR120, and CR120h.
The VIP are great for the money. I personally own the CR120h and I love it. But it's miles ahead of the little ones.

As will suggested, a vyper tube 60 used is a killer deal.
The Crush is better at nothing is what I meant. The Crush is a pile of junk.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Vypyr, not the Vypyr Vip1, 2, 3 etc, but the old ones.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on