Does anyone own a pro series neck through Jackson from 2015/16 and can confirm what it's like in terms of quality?

Are they still made in Indonesia?

I'm not one to get hung up on country of manufacture so am more interested in the first question than the second.

My mij dinky, mim so cal and PRS SE are all very good quality for the price. I'm thinking of picking up a pro series soloist so want to know how they compare.

Played a NOS quicksilver one a few months ago. I liked it a lot. Seemed on par with with my MIM DK2 in quality and feel. Def has that new Jackson feel to it.
I just got a Soloist a couple of months ago, and the quality is fantastic on it. Came setup almost perfectly right from the factory, plays fantastic, and the quilt top is gorgeous! Although I did get an X series as I wanted actives in it and I liked the finish on it better than any of the pro series offerings, I do have a Pro Monark that was built in the same factory and it was just about perfect as well. From what I've read, all Jackson neck-thru guitars are made in the same Indonesian factory these days, and all of their bolt-on models are made in the Fender Mexican factory.
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Vulture-Satin Black
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Snakebyte-Snow White
ESP LTD James Hetfield Signature Iron Cross-Snow White
Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL2Q Trans Root Beer Quilt
Jackson SLATXMQ Soloist3-6-Trans Red Quilt
Jackson Pro Series Dinky DK2QM-Chlorine Burst
Jackson Pro Series Monarkh SC-Trans Purple Quilt
Ibanez Iron Label ARZIR20
Schecter Hellraiser C-1-Black Cherry Burst
Ibanez RG-770-Laser Blue
Jackson Kelly-Trans Green Flame
Line 6 Helix LT
I've played one of the newer indo made Jackson pros (KVMG) and they are indeed nice guitars and I couldn't find anything obviously wrong with them. I don't think you've got much to worry about.

I'd chalk it up to being very comparable to other guitars in its price range in terms of quality. High-end PRS SE, 1000 series LTD's etc.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Awesome - thanks chaps. If it's comparable to the 1000 series and custom SE's I'll be chuffed. I've either been very lucky or both that I've had have been great.
It's arrived and the quality is spot on. Everything as it should be
Quote by tc1072
From what I've read, all Jackson neck-thru guitars are made in the same Indonesian factory these days, and all of their bolt-on models are made in the Fender Mexican factory.

Jackson uses two companies for their Indonesian neck-throughs. The X-Series are all currently made by Cort. All Pro-Series are made by Samick, with the exception of the Pro Monarkh which is also made by Cort.
Quote by -Ed-
It's arrived and the quality is spot on. Everything as it should be

Congrats. Which one did you get? Pics or it didn't happen
Just a red SL2 Pro. Haven't taken any pics yet. It's been very hard to put down
My cousin has an SL2 Pro it is damn nice on par with my Chushin Gakki collection.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I bought an sl2 pro and it's a piece of rubbish. Action won't go very low and whammy bar frets out at slightest touch. Spent best part of a year trying to set the neck straight, took it to a professional at pmt, still struggling with it.  One minute it's fine, week later it's gone out again, most unstable neck I've ever known. Slightest change in temperature /air pressure, and it goes out. Says in their blurb that this thing can be transported across continents and the neck will stay perfect, but if I take it from one room to another it goes out! Nice apart from that tho :-D. Read nothing but rave reviews before i bought it, perhaps some people don't notice these things.
^ I guess you could've got a bad one, but even still that's pretty awful even if it's a lemon.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?