Hey everyone,

I was working on my Ibanez RG3XXV. I put new springs into the tremolo block but as i was tightening them down, one of the screw heads broke off. I've considered just replacing the tremolo block with a brass one (that would probably be the easiest option) but i'd rather still use the original block and save some cash. (And it's around Christmas time, so the block would take awhile to ship and I REALLY want to play this guitar).

What do you guys think I should do?
Thanks,
- Mackey
Guitars:
2012 Ibanez RG3XXV
1995 Fender USA Strat

Amps:
Fender Blues Jr. III

Pedals:
A Bunch =)
Last edited by me412fan at Dec 17, 2016,
Can you take the remnants of the screw out?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
T00DEEPBLUE I could potentially but, it's pretty small. I'm not really sure how i could do that without damaging the block
Guitars:
2012 Ibanez RG3XXV
1995 Fender USA Strat

Amps:
Fender Blues Jr. III

Pedals:
A Bunch =)
Have you googled different methods yet? It's really difficult to tell what would be the best thing to do without pics.

I think the easiest thing is to take the whole bridge off the guitar (which you would've needed to have done anyway), and try unscrewing the broken off screw by twisting the plate that screws the springs into the block counterclockwise and that might unscrew the chunk of broken off screw with it.

Alternatively if there's a portion of broken off stud sitting proud of the face of the block, you could try using a set of vicegrips to grip the stud as hard as you possibly can and undo it that way. Alternatively you can cut a slot in the end of the stud and unscrew the stud with a flatheaded screwdriver.

As you can probably tell, there are lots of different ways to skin the same cat and they all work with varying effectiveness depending on the design of the hole, the type of screw, how you managed to break the head off etc. You need to experiment to find out what works best.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Here's the damage done:

(Invalid img)
Guitars:
2012 Ibanez RG3XXV
1995 Fender USA Strat

Amps:
Fender Blues Jr. III

Pedals:
A Bunch =)
Quote by me412fan
Here's the damage done:

(Invalid img)

pic did not work.

T00DEEPBLUE has it right.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/