Page 1 of 2
when i was in the psych ward there was this kid that walked around with a semi-smile all the time. wouldn't talk to anyone, always looked at the ground. just walked around, sometimes he'd laugh softly to himself. saw him once sitting in a corner with his hands to his ears just sobbing. really awful.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
All I had to amuse myself was a copy of Noise/Music. It was badly written. They put on some awful Christian radio show all day and wouldn't let me use headphones with my phone.

Foucault was right #crushthesystem
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
What the fuck, how many of you dorks have been in psychiatric institutions
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Let's be honest about this: how many people who are satisfied with their lives and are otherwise emotionally stable spend lots of time on an internet forum?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
Let's be honest about this: how many people who are satisfied with their lives and are otherwise emotionally stable spend lots of time on an internet forum?

*raises hand*
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by EndTheRapture51
lol what the hell did you all even do like kill a dog or something
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
well when i was in the psych ward everything was pretty normal

there was this one middle aged guy with long hair and a beard who would walk around in bare feet talking to himself
Dreadnought
Quote by Dreadnought

lol thats what im thinking. i thought my thread would be shocking, but i guess not here.

you guys are nuts.
Quote by frisbeeflyer
Dreadnought

lol thats what im thinking. i thought my thread would be shocking, but i guess not here.

you guys are nuts.

lol nobody would self commit if they were really nuts
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
1st time was a bit scary at first
after that it was no big deal
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by theogonia777

Catch-22
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by Dreadnought

seriously, wtf is going on here?! i thought most of you guys were kinda normal
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by theogonia777

Wrong.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Quote by NewDayHappy
Wrong.

lol what do you know about anything
theogonia777

I know that there are lots of judgmental ppl out there & I applaud those in this thread for their honesty, but I do not recommend anybody be as forthcoming with their experiences.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
When I was in the psych ward all the staff were like, "this is not a pub sir, can you please leave, you're upsetting the patients".
Never going back there again, I wasn't even that drunk but they still wouldn't serve me, the fuckers.
theogonia777

I don't want to talk about myself, but I think some people who are 'nuts' know that something is wrong.
Quote by NewDayHappy
theogonia777

I don't want to talk about myself, but I think some people who are 'nuts' know that something is wrong.

Ezactly. If you know that something is wrong, you wouldn't commit yourself because they won't let you out.
Quote by theogonia777
Ezactly. If you know that something is wrong, you wouldn't commit yourself because they won't let you out.

That's not true. After 30 days they stop making money on you. Only way they keep you indefinitely is if you do something really messed up like hurt somebody.
Quote by NewDayHappy
That's not true. After 30 days they stop making money on you. Only way they keep you indefinitely is if you do something really messed up like hurt somebody.

If you're really nuts, they're not gonna let you go.
theogonia777

Wrong. This is why you see people walking the streets collecting cans because they think they're Peter Pan.

If you are violent, they will keep you locked up indefinitely. Try committing suicide? Ah, see you later after 7 days. Nobody gives a shit about the mentally disabled, good riddance.
Quote by theogonia777
If you're really nuts, they're not gonna let you go.

You don't know the NHS.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You don't know the NHS.
speaking of, a long-running thing with healthcare in my experience has been that you have to exaggerate the seriousness of your mental state just to get the help you need.

The tendency to treat mental illnesses as discrete categories that must be ticked like a shopping list rather than assorted groups of symptoms which manifest in intervallic degrees of severity is rife within psychiatry. So much for all those pretensions to scientific rigor eh
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Dec 17, 2016,
When I was in the psych ward I thought it looked just like an old people's home. It was also full of old people. I was like "why are you locking me up with all these old people I am young and beautiful wtf" and they were like "'cos you're here to visit your grandma and we have to lock the doors because reasons."
I have nothing important to say
Last edited by JackSaints at Dec 17, 2016,
i've never been to a psych ward because i am repressed & just bottle everything up & then clench my teeth 'til they fall out.
Quote by Eastwinn
1st time was a bit scary at first
after that it was no big deal

hey buddy good to see youre still kickin', how's life?
the guy narrating this sounds like a massive cunt

a friend of mine with a whole cocktail of mental illnesses had a pretty awful time in the psych ward basically cause the nurses were assholes
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
the guy narrating this sounds like a massive cunt

a friend of mine with a whole cocktail of mental illnesses had a pretty awful time in the psych ward basically cause the nurses were assholes

There's a lot of research that suggests the most common source of manifest discrimination for folks with mental health concerns after diagnosis are clinicians. Kind of a shame.
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
There's a lot of research that suggests the most common source of manifest discrimination for folks with mental health concerns after diagnosis are clinicians. Kind of a shame.
yeah it's one of the reasons i continue to be pretty hesitant about getting a diagnosis
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by Aeolian Harmony

I read a book a while ago called "The Psychopath Test" by Jon Ronson. In it was a story of this dude that (allegedly) faked being a psychopath to get admitted to a mental health ward, and then tried to get out but was unable to convince the clinicians that he was actually a normal dude. Makes you think.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
I read a book a while ago called "The Psychopath Test" by Jon Ronson. In it was a story of this dude that (allegedly) faked being a psychopath to get admitted to a mental health ward, and then tried to get out but was unable to convince the clinicians that he was actually a normal dude. Makes you think.

Yeah, there was an earlier study by David (?) Rosenhan and some others back in the 70s that found the same. Big hubbub after the articles were published, and some psychiatrists at a specific institution challenged him to do it again. He "redid" the same study and they identified a number of people they believed were faking. Problem was Rosenhan didn't send anyone the second time around.

It's an interesting turn of events. Very drama. So wow
Quote by Skibolky
No one can really fuck with the power of empathy.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Yeah, there was an earlier study by David (?) Rosenhan and some others back in the 70s that found the same. Big hubbub after the articles were published, and some psychiatrists at a specific institution challenged him to do it again. He "redid" the same study and they identified a number of people they believed were faking. Problem was Rosenhan didn't send anyone the second time around.

It's an interesting turn of events. Very drama. So wow

Yeah, they touched on that in the book I read. It was pretty interesting stuff. I guess if you're a mental health clinician having a patient tell you they're sane when they previously tried to murder someone with a set of bbq tongs would lead you to treat them with some suspicion.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
i was almost committed once in high school and i thought about self commiting a few times in the past.

hi, my name's jake and i'm and emotional basket case.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by i_lovemetallica

Wow. What an absolutely stupid idea. No one's fault but his that he was stuck in a psych ward.
Page 1 of 2