I learned some chords and songs like KOHD,Don't Cry,(not the solo)Wild Horses. What is next? What can I do to improve
mumar1512

Assuming you're not looking at lead guitar yet...

Make sure you've covered the main chord types (major,. minor, maj7, maj6, min7, m7b5 dom7, dim7), and look at chord progressions for these (chord function). All of these chords (apart from dim7) appear in songs based on major scale. Roots of Major triads are found at zero, 5 and 7 semitones from your chosen key note (tonal centre). Also referred to as I, IV and V. Roots of minor triads are found at 2, 4 and 9 semitones from key note (aka ii, iii and vi) . maj7 and maj6 found at 0 and 5 semitones. maj6 and dom7 at 7 semitones. m7b5 at 11 semitones (aka vii).

(Of course, these can be placed in other octaves as well). Key choice will normally be to suit someones capabilities (easier to sing, or play chords ...)

I, iii and vi form one group, that stand for the tonic of the major key, though iii and vi aren't used as a starting chord. These are stable sounds

ii and IV form another group. These have some drive to return to the first group

V (and vii, though usually absorbed in V) forms the other group. THis has a high drive to return to the other groups, especially the first.

Experiment with progressions.

Experiment with rhythm.
Last edited by jerrykramskoy at Dec 18, 2016,
Start to learn all the notes on the fret board. Learn more chords. Practice with a metronome. Depending on your goals maybe write a simple song your self. Learn a pentantonic scale
One of the things I would be doing is experimenting with different chord voicings and inversions for the songs you are learning, to find the ones that best suit the melody. This is top importance for me as a chord-melody fingerpicker, but I don't know how relevant it is to your interests.
In terms of progressing, I'd say you'd want to tackle a little bit of scales and definitely beef up your chord + rhythm skills.

Try starting with the Minor Pentatonic Scale and play around with that for scales.
It'll be good for your finger dexterity and it's fun to mess around with.

Like Jerrykramskoy suggested, I'd suggest learning more chord types. At least the minor 7, major 7, and dominant 7 chords.
And work on making sure your strumming is super solid. Learn other types of rhythms and techniques (swing, scratching, etc).

Those 3 things will help make sure you can play a lot of music and also keep that base of rhythm guitar going really strong.

Hope that helps!
"Every time you pick up your guitar to play, play as if it's the last time" -Eric Clapton
www.guitareasier.com