I haven't even touched an electric guitar before but I'm willing to buy one so I could learn, I've two choices that I'm considering.
First is the Schecter SGR C-1 and the second is Mitchell MD200
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009OA9UW6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482106808&sr=8-1π=SY200_QL40&keywords=schecter+sgr&dpPl=1&dpID=41Ri%2B3pcQ6L&ref=plSrch

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01KVTMTPI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482106878&sr=8-1π=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=mitchell+md200
do you have any family members or friends who play? i only ask because if you're considering buying on amazon, you'd likely have to set the thing up yourself and that's pretty difficult if you don't know what you're doing and don't have someone who can help. though it's a lot easier than it used to be with youtube etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Try and go used. Maybe an Ibanez rg of some sort.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Might wanna go with a strat copy. Where are you located?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
^ yeah

Quote by zaiid39
Dave_Mc I have a few friends who can help me with the set up

ah excellent, no worries then
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would go with a squier strat of sorts. Whether it be an affinity/standard/classic vibe, they'll definitely get you closer to the sounds you mentioned. What's good about strats is you can mod basically every single last detail of it. I don't think the guitars youre thinking about would really get you that sound but in the end you'd be playing a guitar so it can't be that bad
Pink squier bullet strat (tonerider classic blues pickups and warmoth neck)
Vox V847 wah
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Way Huge Swollen Pickle
Boss Ce-5
Kustom dual 35 dfx
Buy yourself a Squier. If you still wanna play upgrade. If not at least you can trade it or sell it!
Can you get a Yamaha Pacifica there? Might be worth a look.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Plus one for going used if you know someone knowledgeable enough to check it out.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge