The biggest one you can still fit inside? I mean, if you use a smaller one, you can easily strip the thing. Just get a set of them, and see which one is the biggest that still fits.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Being an import guitar it'll either be 4 or 5mm.

Get one of both sizes of Allen key and see which one fits.

Do not confuse a 3/16" Allen key for a 5mm. They're very similar in size, but the 3/16" will strip a 5mm barrel nut in a hurry.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I think someone beat me to it (stripping it).

According to the manual it is 4mm.

Any experience on the Stewmac Gripper Truss Rod Renches?
http://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tools/Tools_by_Job/Tools_for_Truss_Rods/Gripper_Truss_Rod_Wrenches.html
OK, got back to the trussrod, tried the electrical tape wrap on it and after fiddling a bit back and forth, it gripped and did half a turn, waiting to see if that's all it takes.
From what I read the part that turns is replacaeble? Can someone confirm that? Believe it or not in all my years playing guitar I haven't mishandled one so badly like this used purchase.
Sorry to ressurect this, but do you guys know if the trussrod part on the top that winds is replaceable? Stewmac seems to say that it is and it should eventually unwind itself if you're loosening, then it could be replaced. Mine is stirpped and barely gripping with a el. tape wrap suggested on here - thanks -MintSauce- !
It depends on the construction of the truss rod. A dual-action truss rod has the nut welded on, otherwise it would just unscrew and loosen when you're trying to correct back bow. A single-action truss rod has as removable nut and only corrects relief. AFAIK, all of the LTD models have dual-action rods.

Edit: Two ideas from quick Googling:

1. Take an oversize allen key and file/grind the edges carefully until you get an inbetween size that fits into the nut.
2. Hammer a smaller allen or Torx socket into the rounded nut and use that for adjustment. You'd need to grind the edges again, and make sure it's a tight enough fit to catch when you use whatever tool with it.

Maybe.

Edit 2: Disclaimer: I've done neither, although they seem practical and easier than steaming a board off to replace the rod.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Feb 14, 2017,
I'm getting traction with the standard allen wrench wrapped in electrical tape, just not sure how long this'll last. I'm planning on making this my touring guitar but the jackass before me stripped the trussrod.

So, on dual action you're SOL, can't replace just the top winding part?
Quote by diabolical
I'm getting traction with the standard allen wrench wrapped in electrical tape, just not sure how long this'll last. I'm planning on making this my touring guitar but the jackass before me stripped the trussrod.

So, on dual action you're SOL, can't replace just the top winding part?

I'm afraid so. The nut is welded on like this:
I guess time to get creative. I went up a string gauge and down half step in tuning and the guitar was bucking for about a month until it finally settled with two trussrod tweaks. For now we get along bit I might have to think of permanent solution, maybe get a guitar tech or my auto mechanic to retread it.