Are they different from the Dunlop Big Stubbies, and if someone has tried a 2.5mm I would like to know how it compares to the 2mm and 3mm big stubby. I find 2mm too thin, and 3mm too awkward to hold. (I know I've posted a lot about picks, but that's my biggest problem right now )
damn dude do you have bridge cables for strings or something? haven't tried any 2.5s but do have a 3mm and occasionally use 2mms. even the 2mm is kinda thick
Quote by monwobobbo
damn dude do you have bridge cables for strings or something? haven't tried any 2.5s but do have a 3mm and occasionally use 2mms. even the 2mm is kinda thick

Well sometimes 14-74 half a step down does the trick, no joke, just feels good.
I haven't tried those in particular, but I have tried picks made from agate and jade. Some of the agate ones were textured or carved to improve grip over a normal flatpick. The jades I own are similar to stubbies.

Other picks I've tried and enjoyed that were quite slim but still very stiff were made using materials like:

Cooper
Steel
Titanium
Carbon Fiber
Carbon Nylon
Ceramic Nylon
Metacarbonate
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Nerdbiscuit
Are they different from the Dunlop Big Stubbies, and if someone has tried a 2.5mm I would like to know how it compares to the 2mm and 3mm big stubby. I find 2mm too thin, and 3mm too awkward to hold. (I know I've posted a lot about picks, but that's my biggest problem right now )

Talk to Chris at Gravity Picks.
A long time ago, Chris sent me two of his picks (this was when he was first starting out) that met my specs, and one of them, a 2mm Razer Standard, had a sharp enough point that it worked perfectly. What I didn't like about it was that it was a nearly-clear extremely light blue (ish) pick that seemed *way* too easy to lose for a six-buck (!) pick. What I did like about it was that it really didn't move around, didn't slip (particularly after it got a bit sweaty), and was louder (if I wanted it to be) than more flexible picks.

I figured I'd lose that pick and that would be it.

Thing is, whether it was because it WAS a $6 pick and I simply took better care of it or because fate had intervened, I still have that pick.

So along comes Rob Chapman ("Chappers") of YouTube fame. He somehow discovered Gravity Picks and, because he's YouTube Famous, Chris enlisted him to promote the Gravities and gave him his choice of picks as a Signature pick. In a surprising display of taste and discernment, he picked the 2mm Razer Standard, asked that it be done in a smoke grey and then put his signature on it (helps with keeping it stuck in your hand) and had the edges done in a sort of fine sandpaper finish. Easy to find if you drop one. When a 20% off sale happened, I ordered a dozen. I really hate to promote anything of his, but it's honestly a pretty good pick.

Last edited by dspellman at Dec 20, 2016,
Quote by dspellman
Talk to Chris at Gravity Picks.
A long time ago, Chris sent me two of his picks (this was when he was first starting out) that met my specs, and one of them, a 2mm Razer Standard, had a sharp enough point that it worked perfectly. What I didn't like about it was that it was a nearly-clear extremely light blue (ish) pick that seemed *way* too easy to lose for a six-buck (!) pick. What I did like about it was that it really didn't move around, didn't slip (particularly after it got a bit sweaty), and was louder (if I wanted it to be) than more flexible picks.

I figured I'd lose that pick and that would be it.

Thing is, whether it was because it WAS a $6 pick and I simply took better care of it or because fate had intervened, I still have that pick.

So along comes Rob Chapman ("Chappers") of YouTube fame. He somehow discovered Gravity Picks and, because he's YouTube Famous, Chris enlisted him to promote the Gravities and gave him his choice of picks as a Signature pick. In a surprising display of taste and discernment, he picked the 2mm Razer Standard, asked that it be done in a smoke grey and then put his signature on it (helps with keeping it stuck in your hand) and had the edges done in a sort of fine sandpaper finish. Easy to find if you drop one. When a 20% off sale happened, I ordered a dozen. I really hate to promote anything of his, but it's honestly a pretty good pick.

That's awesome! I'll definitely try them out
Quote by Nerdbiscuit
That's awesome! I'll definitely try them out

They're pretty good plain, but all that writin' helps with the grippin'.