Hi, since I can't be bothered to change my tuning I'm looking for some fun, easy songs to play in E flat.
Be it metal, rock, whatever.

Looked at Don't Cry by GNR, but the chorus kinda scares me.

Oh, and can someone post the link to the huge thread with songs? They were categorized by Difficulty and tuning.

Thanks
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
You could learn to transpose or use a capo or just not actually care what key is song was originally in or tune back to standard since 99% of the guitar world plays in standard. There are many options.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Very well, what are some easy songs? I want to play thing but then I look at all these tabs and I get really demotivated.
Fly on, fly on
What songs do you like?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Just tune up buddy. It will probably take as long as it took you to make this thread.

As for the song suggestions thread a simple Google search will reveal hundreds of lists.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by theogonia777
What songs do you like?

Rock, Metal, Blues, the usual stuff with guitars.

Quote by AlanHB
Just tune up buddy. It will probably take as long as it took you to make this thread.

As for the song suggestions thread a simple Google search will reveal hundreds of lists.

Floyd Rose...
Can't go to the shop and get new lighter strings since there's no shop here.
Fly on, fly on
Anything by Meshuggah. They tune a half step down. Try Demiurge. Super easy, great for building rhythm technique. Jimi Hendrix used e flat all of the time.
If you want stuff in Eb tuning - Guns n' Roses as you already know, early Van Halen, Black Sabbath from Heaven and Hell onwards, Slayer, Jimi Hendrix, Yngwie Malmsteen, Metallica - Load and Reload albums, some Joe Satriani, etc ... of course not all of those are easy
Alice in Chains always tuned half step down.

Quote by Fryderyczek

Floyd Rose...

You could still tune up to standard with the same strings, but you would have to adjust the springs in the back to keep the bridge level. Kinda depends on how much tighter you can get the springs. If you've got heavy strings on there so the springs had to be tightened up all the way already then you wouldn't be able to do it without adding springs or going down a gauge. A pain in the ass for sure, but probably doable if you really wanted to.

That's part of the reason I never got a guitar with a floating trem. I'm kinda the guitar tech in my group of friends so I had plenty of experience with how much of a pain they are before I got one for myself, and the things you can do with a whammy bar didn't seem worth the hassle.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
Alice in Chains always tuned half step down.

You could still tune up to standard with the same strings, but you would have to adjust the springs in the back to keep the bridge level. Kinda depends on how much tighter you can get the springs. If you've got heavy strings on there so the springs had to be tightened up all the way already then you wouldn't be able to do it without adding springs or going down a gauge. A pain in the ass for sure, but probably doable if you really wanted to.

That's part of the reason I never got a guitar with a floating trem. I'm kinda the guitar tech in my group of friends so I had plenty of experience with how much of a pain they are before I got one for myself, and the things you can do with a whammy bar didn't seem worth the hassle.

Yeah, I've currently got 10-46 so I don't know if it'd be doable.

Besides, I already broke a part on the floyd trying to change strings, kinda scared that will happen again on a new guitar(got it 3 months ago).
Fly on, fly on
If you are not going to play over the record/backing tracks, whether you are in standard or 1/2 step down doesn't really matter. You can play standard tuning songs in Eb tuning with the same fingerings and you probably will not even notice a difference.

BTW, today Metallica plays most of their standard tuning stuff in Eb tuning live (I think they have been doing that since the mid 90s), and Seek and Destroy is in D tuning. What tuning the original song used just doesn't matter, especially if we are talking about a tuning based on the standard tuning.

You could also use a capo on the first fret. Or if you want to challenge yourself, transpose.

But as NSpen1 said, there are plenty of artists that use Eb tuning.

Also, you don't necessarily need lighter strings to play in standard. 10s are used in standard all the time. They are pretty much the standard string gauge. (Some people even use 11s in standard tuning and it works just fine.) What you need to do, though, is set up your Floyd Rose and that can be a pain in the ass. If you are going to play in different tunings, getting a Floyd guitar as your only guitar is not something I would recommend. (Also, I would keep the Floyd guitar in a tuning that you need the most - if you don't know many Eb tuning songs, why did you tune it to Eb?) You could of course get a Tremol-no to temporarily block the Floyd to make it work in different tunings.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Fuel by Metallica I think is Eb
Fender squier strat w/ humbucker
Marshall MG15CFR
Blackstar LT DIST
All of them. Just play them in Eb.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Quote by Jet Penguin
All of them. Just play them in Eb.

Try telling this to an Irish musician. Eb is a blasphemous key to suggest at a session. It's a great way to get a shillelagh upside the head though.
You can say everything's in E and secretly tune everything down 1/2 step tho

Hopefully they won't notice much...
Quote by NeoMvsEu
You can say everything's in E and secretly tune everything down 1/2 step tho

Hopefully they won't notice much...

When they go to play in E and you're half a step flat, they're gonna ask you to leave.
Quote by theogonia777
When they go to play in E and you're half a step flat, they're gonna ask you to leave.
But what if you tuned THEM to Gb-Db-Ab-Eb?
Good luck retuning the harp, box, whistle, flute, and pipes players.
Quote by Fryderyczek

Floyd Rose...

You shouldn't need a different gauge for 1/2 a step.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Better idea. Tell them to learn how to play in every key.
"There are two styles of music. Good music and bad music." -Duke Ellington

"If you really think about it, the guitar is a pointless instrument." - Robert Fripp
Yeah but some instruments are designed to only play in good keys and so they don't really play well in silly keys like Eb.