I've been wanting to get something for Xmas. Seems like this might be what I want, most used on reverb are 400$+. My question is this.

- Do you think the sale is because they are going to stop support and updates for the POD line?
- Any news on what Line 6 has planned for 2017/18? I can't seem to find any info for the POD series but it appears the Line 6 has a history of not saying much.

Anyone else considering buying one for Xmas?

Budget/needs/etc... Don't really have any of these, I just want something to play around with. I have tons of gear for my live rig so it's not like I'm looking to fill a whole in my rig or anything.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '15 Epi LP Standard with 57/57+ Gibbys
Blackstar S1-45, Marshall DSL100H, JetCity JCA50H
Forgot to add that it comes with a 100$ HD amp package as well...
I went ahead and just bought the Helix Rack. Figured it would get a lot of support over the coming years and everything I've seen on it makes me feel it will do what I want for my home setup. Plus I found it used on a holiday sale for just over 1000$ shipped. Not too shabby.
Sounds like a great deal. I got almost 10 years out of my XTLive. So you should be good to go.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Hell yeah dude, I was gonna recommend the Helix before I saw that last post. That thing is comparable to the Axe FX at a much lower price.

It could even replace your whole rig too. Try to run an amp model without cab modeling into the power section on one of your amps. You might be surprised.
@Ignite Thanks! I'll give that a try.

hey guys!

Finally got back from the holiday travels and had the last two days to play around with the Helix Rack.

I love it, I can't believe how many options this things has. There is a setting for everything, so many knobs to press! I found it extremely easy to set up a few tones that sounded great in short amount of time. Then watched other people set it up on youtube and learned a ton. this thing is amazing. The more I used the the more I loved it!

Happy New Year folks! I know mine will be.