So, I recently had a fuse blow out on my Line 6 spider 210, it was a 1.6A 250V, could/should I use a 1A? Why or why not?
Thread was moved to forum: Gear Building & Customizing
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by josuehose

So, I recently had a fuse blow out on my Line 6 spider 210, it was a 1.6A 250V, could/should I use a 1A? Why or why not?

1. It'll just blow sooner, or straight away,
2. You might want to figure out why the first fuse blew,
3. Fuses are cheap. Use the correct rated fuse.
Quote by josuehose

It will blow sooner and likely not even work properly. Use the exact, correct fuse. There are also slow-blow and fast-blow options, be sure to get the right one.
Are you sure the 1.6a fuse is even the right one? Sometimes people put the wrong fuses in amps
Quote by geo-rage
Are you sure the 1.6a fuse is even the right one? Sometimes people put the wrong fuses in amps

I don't know if this was intended to be funny, but given the context of this thread I thought this comment was hilarious.
Quote by guitarsngear
I don't know if this was intended to be funny, but given the context of this thread I thought this comment was hilarious.
sorry tho no offence. It's true, ive found all kinds of weird fuses in amps. Just to be safe you should probably use the right fuse but if you have a 1 amp 250v fuse and it works, thats cool. Its underrated so it should just blow again. I dont think it would hurt anything. An over rated fuse would probably be bad tho if there really is a problem.
Last edited by geo-rage at Dec 21, 2016,
I would check the manual or the Line 6 web site to see what EXACT fuse they recommend.
If you go to a lower value fuse, the fuse will blow faster.
If you go higher value fuse, you could damage something inside. Which would turn your amp into a doorstop.
Although (AND THIS IS FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ONLY, AND I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT AT ALL) you might be able to get away with a 1.75 AMP fuse if a 1.6 AMP fuse is unavailable.
AND AGAIN, UNLESS YOU ARE AN EXPERIENCE AMP TECHNICIAN, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS!!!!

But, Whenever in doubt, ALWAYS contact the manufacturer.

Quote by Will Lane
It will blow sooner and likely not even work properly. Use the exact, correct fuse. There are also slow-blow and fast-blow options, be sure to get the right one.
And pay VERY close attention to this advice.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Dec 21, 2016,