EDITED: Reduced sexism. Thanks theogonia777

What's up UG? We are MISTAKES, hard rock from New York City.

From the acoustic version of our song "Pull Me Under" that premiered on The Noise this month:

"Just in time for the gloomy winter weather headed to a doorstep near you, New York rock trio MISTAKES is teaming up with The Noise to premiere their dark, bone-chilling acoustic version of their powerful single “Pull Me Under.”

Citing a newfound struggle in her life as the reasoning behind the band’s new acoustic rendition, vocalist Lauren Hudson opened up about the track saying, “After we recorded the original version of the song it ended up becoming even more meaningful to me based on something I went through in my personal life."

Hudson continued to add, “We wanted to create a darker more stripped down version that would be able to capture the pain behind it and present it in a more vulnerable light.”

www.facebook.com/MISTAKESnyc

Pull Me Under - MISTAKES

Pull Me Under (Acoustic) - MISTAKES
Quote by candysars
The best Pokemon is Metapod. Name him Wiener or P3n1s, and then use harden. LAWLZ everytime.

Schecter C-1 Elite EMG 81/85
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Last edited by BWenz7 at Dec 21, 2016,
Looks like you made a few MISTAKES with your links. They don't work.

Anyway, here is a piece of advice. Whenever you describe a band and the description starts with female fronted, that's kind of a red flag for people. Why does it matter that you have a female singer? Are you using that as a gimmick? Is your band not good enough to make it without that gimmick? I'm not knocking your band or anything, but that's what a lot of people tend to think when that happens. Not to mention the fact that you are marginalizing your singer based on her sex by calling her a female singer rather than a singer.

Now here is another piece of advice. The runes in your logo are silly. You can't just decide to use runes on only half the letters. It looks silly. Not to mention runes say one a few things about your band. Either you are playing dark age Germanic folk music (whether Saxon, Nordic, Frisian, etc), you're a Germanic pagan band, you're an NS band, or you are dorks using runes because you think it's cool.

Now, as far as your actual music... didn't bother listening to the acoustic version, but your vocalist is very good, which further brings me to my point of marginalizing her and exploiting her as a gimmick based on her gender by referring to yourself as female fronted rather than just as a hard rock band. The instrument playing was decent but nothing particularly impressive. Solid enough to get the job done. The song was overall uninteresting and forgettable. The production was good but almost too slick.

That's about all I have to say.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Dec 21, 2016,
Wow, I never really thought of how it can be gimmicky and marginalizing to start by describing the band as female-fronted. Thanks for the schooling, seriously.
Quote by candysars
The best Pokemon is Metapod. Name him Wiener or P3n1s, and then use harden. LAWLZ everytime.

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Last edited by BWenz7 at Dec 21, 2016,
I don't really think it's gimmicky or marginalizing personally. I think if anything it's empowering. Having said that I am not a female in the music industry, so maybe I am missing something.

I like the track. Like mentioned above the singer has a great voice and the music seems to play to that well, not covering that up. Good job guys.
Thanks, penner! More stuff on the way in 2017!
Quote by candysars

Line 6 Pod X3 Live