Hi. This is my first port here. So basically I have 500€ to buy an amp. And I found a used Vox Ac30 VR costing 300€. So i was wondering if it's worth buying that instead of a Bugera v22, and then I was left with like 200€ so i could buy a couple pedals.

Ultimately I could buy a Blues JR or a Fender Ac 15, but then i couldn't buy any pedals (I already have a boss OS-2 and a Boss Ds-2, I play mostly blues and funk)

So if anyone know the amps and could give me any advice, i would be very thankful.

Thanks
Quote by joo.hn_y28
Hi. This is my first port here. So basically I have 500€ to buy an amp. And I found a used Vox Ac30 VR costing 300€. So i was wondering if it's worth buying that instead of a Bugera v22, and then I was left with like 200€ so i could buy a couple pedals.

Ultimately I could buy a Blues JR or a Fender Ac 15, but then i couldn't buy any pedals (I already have a boss OS-2 and a Boss Ds-2, I play mostly blues and funk)

So if anyone know the amps and could give me any advice, i would be very thankful.

Thanks
Fender makes an AC15?

You might could find a Blues Jr. USED and save some money for pedals. For Blues a VOX AC voicing can work, but I would prefer Fender for that genre.
or you could try a pro junior if you'd be mainly using pedals
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Will Lane
Fender makes an AC15?

You might could find a Blues Jr. USED and save some money for pedals. For Blues a VOX AC voicing can work, but I would prefer Fender for that genre.

Will and I pretty much always agree when it comes to suggesting a Vox AC (We both have and love them), and I would also agree with him here that a Blues Jr. (As well as several other Fender models) might suit you better.
But the best way is to try them out if you can.
A Vox AC can do blues just fine (A tube swap from the stock tubes can do wonders to make it a little darker), but most prefer a Fender sound for blues.
I just entered a few words into youtube search : https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Best+budget+Fender+amp+for+blues
Maybe you might get some ideas from there.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Dec 24, 2016,