So I play in drop B, lowest I'll go is drop G. I play stuff like Parkway drive and am wondering what would be the best pickup for me playing metal. I want it to look like an emg as I like the look of them but I've heard that there are better sounding pickups. What do you guys think would be the best for me, keeping in mind the look is quite important for me.
Fishman Fluence Modern Humbuckers.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Railhammer
Anvil & Chisel or
Chisel & Chisel

Lace
Alumitone Deathbuckers
Dirty Heshers
Dissonant Aggressors
Hammer Claws
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by ThunderPunk
Fishman Fluence Modern Humbuckers.
that's a little out of my price range.i have about £160 for 2 so what would that get me?.
I'll probably regret asking this but what amp?

On the Seymour Duncan side look at the Distortion - it holds on to the low end better than some of their others but I don't play that low.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
What you need is a better amp. Im not even joking. Upgrading pickups with such an amp will barely have any effect. Think of your amp as the ice cream and the pickups as the toppings. If the ice cream sucks, even the best toping wont make it taste good. Same with amp and pickups.

But as far as pickups go, i think that for your budget, you cant really get a set better than some sort of EMGs. The 81/85 is the standard metal pickup, altough i prefer the 60 over the 85 in the neck. But the best ones are the 57/66 combo, but i dunno how that would fair with such low tunings. They work wonderfully for me in dropC.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Railhammer
Anvil & Chisel or
Chisel & Chisel

Lace
Alumitone Deathbuckers
Dirty Heshers
Dissonant Aggressors
Hammer Claws

Or Hammer Toes
Beastly Motherfloggers
Chisel&BackHoe