Sup everybody, I want to ask if you could help me out with figuring out certain metal tone.
I'm quite OK at guitar but I've been quite isolated from community throughout the years, I can figure out typical sounds I encounter in music but I've never been into metal.
So, there's my question, how do I make lead sounds like that:
(whole piece)
and that:
(lead sections)
I tried to mess around with my effects but I just can't figure that out.
Sorry for me being so silly but I've never played any metal and I can't find the answer on either YT or internet.
what gear do you have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Gain about 3/4 up. Bass halfway up, treble slightly higher, mids halfway. Maybe try a dash of reverb for a little extra flavor.
Dave_Mc
My gear is a little bit odd combination: Fender Mustang amp, DigiTech iPB-10 multieffect (which is quite obsolete at this point) and Ibanez JEM7V.
Quote by BluexSpace
Gain about 3/4 up. Bass halfway up, treble slightly higher, mids halfway. Maybe try a dash of reverb for a little extra flavor.

Do you advise any pedals to add to it?
Basically you need another guitarist!

Those parts are harmony guitar lines so there's two lead parts playing simultaneously. Although there's only one person in the second video I suspect the second part has been added after recording.

A harmoniser pedal can give you a similar effect but you can run into problems if you're trying to replicate two guitar parts that don't follow a strict harmony - which is more common than not.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Really it will come down to your preference. I love the mxr carbon copy and the T. C. electronics hall of fame reverb.
Quote by steven seagull
Basically you need another guitarist!

Those parts are harmony guitar lines so there's two lead parts playing simultaneously. Although there's only one person in the second video I suspect the second part has been added after recording.

A harmoniser pedal can give you a similar effect but you can run into problems if you're trying to replicate two guitar parts that don't follow a strict harmony - which is more common than not.

yeah that might well be it

other than that just use one of the high gain amp models on the mustang, bridge pickup, volume and tone on guitar up full.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?