I have a free guitar lessons site. Am I allowed to post links to my own lessons in reply to topics in the Theory section?

Hey, I didn't want to break any rules here, so I figured that I'd ask first. Basically, I have a free guitar lessons video site where I talk about a bunch of music theory topics. I see great opportunities to post links to specific videos of mine in the theory section, but I wasn't sure if that was considered "advertising my brand"? I'm not selling anything on my site, so anything that I'd link to is completely free.

Just wondering if this is allowed or not. Thanks!
it's okay as long as I post it for you

you're welcome

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
I have the feeling that even if it's completely free that it's still against the UG rules to post your lessons unless they're attached to the front page lesson articles or something
Okay thanks for the replies. I didn't wanna get accused of spamming or anything. I just want people to check out what I've done, and I figure it's kinda pointless to type out long replies to forum posts when I already answered the question elsewhere, but I'll just answer questions the good ol' fashion forum way .
sorry but it would still violate the rules. you may be able to slid it in occasionally but if all you do is post links to your site and nothing else well that is just shameless self promotion and is a no no.
I don't see why not if it answers someone's question and you're not spamming them

The mods are butts tho and would probably take issue with it. I'd pm one of the mods of that sub forum first, or post it and wait for the ban/warning
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Last edited by Bladez22 at Dec 23, 2016,
Quote by Bladez22
I don't see why not if it answers someone's question and you're not spamming them

The mods are butts tho and would probably take issue with it. I'd pm one of the mods of that sub forum first, or post it and wait for the ban/warning

not a butt dude. there are rules and we enforce them. there is room for lenience but only so much.
Ask the user if he'd be interested in your lessons that answer the question.
Free Ali
Last edited by chrismendiola at Dec 23, 2016,
Quote by monwobobbo
not a butt dude. there are rules and we enforce them. there is room for lenience but only so much.

im sorry i called you a butt
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Last edited by Bladez22 at Dec 23, 2016,
Quote by monwobobbo
not a butt dude.

then are u a boobs dude or legs dude?

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by Bladez22
im sorry i called you a butt

Would op be breaking the rules?

well yes. self promotion in many cases violates the rules. soundclick or similar pages for members is ok provided it's your own playing. same with youtube vids however if it appears that you are just trying to up your views then you can get into trouble. if the OP's youtube site is just something he put together and is free etc then he may be able to occasionally post a link. thing s that often guys like this (not saying in this case) often don't post anything else to the site or very little so it's just a case of self promotion. if he was a regular poster then bending the rules a little could happen.
That's reasonable
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
I think I understand the rules. I won't be spammy about anything. I've been a member of a ton of forums before (before I had a website or anything), and I always hated the obvious spammers that would come onto the site.

I just have a general interest in music theory, and so I usually spend most of my time reading/answering/asking questions in the music theory section of forums.

Thanks for the clarification.
Quote by chrismendiola
I think the point is right in the middle.

Those are some weird boobs man
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect