I know this site is littered with tabs, obviously, and whenever I think of a song I love, I look it up. But having discovered the heavier, rock metally setting of my amp, I'm dying to rock out with some great chord progressions. Any suggestions? I've tried various Led Zep songs, but I'm stuck.
What are the songs you always immediatly play when picking up an electric? Or what licks? What do you stretch your fingers on?
Looking for solid rock and electric blues stuff?

Hmmm...

George Throrgood
John Lee Hooker
Robin Trower
Bonnie Raitt
Joe Bonamassa
Ry Cooder
Link Wray
Rainbow/Deep Purple
Scorpions
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Try some Danzig. Pretty easy and fun to play.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
stranglehold- Ted Nugent
purple haze- Jimi Hendrix
Crossroads- Eric Clapton
Carry on my wayward son- Kansas
also learn your minor pentatonic blues scale... super easy and you can make endless blues licks of your own
I always liked the 1960's Batman theme.

joke aside,
I like to warm up with some classic or hard rock, mostly any stuff from AC/DC, Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden. Recently my favourites are are Hells Bells, Paranoid and Fear of the Dark. Or just any video game or movie soundtrack that just invites to jam along.
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
Last edited by Dragonfyre137 at Dec 24, 2016,
Quote by Dragonfyre137
I always liked the 1960's Batman theme.

joke aside,
I like to warm up with some classic or hard rock, mostly any stuff from AC/DC, Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden. Recently my favourites are are Hells Bells, Paranoid and Fear of the Dark. Or just any video game or movie soundtrack that just invites to jam along.

Thanks. I'll try those too.
It's weird, but with a heavy setting on an amp, any noise sounds great. Just moving a D chord down or up the neck sounds awesome, so I can only imagine what a real progression sounds like... lol
One of my favorite Scorpions song has a nice hook and progressions:

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Soundgarden has good stuff to work with.

Helmet

Prong

Thanks again, guys. Awesome stuff.
Getting my guitar to actually, sort of, sound like AC/DC was a ride and a hafl!

Anyone know of any more blues riffs? Really getting into Muddy Water's Rollin' Stone and was lookin' for any tabs in that general direction... Any takers?