I can get the Warlock at a pretty good deal at $600 its usually around $900 but... its ugly.
The Jh-600 is around same price. Kinda leaning towards the warlock because its maple, and I've heard both Jeff and Kerry play, and Kerry seems to cut through the mix better with his guitar.
Don't care about the weight.
Anything Im missing?? Unbiased Suggestions?? Anyone own either?
"Cutting through the mix better" in a professional band usually has nothing whatever to do with guitar wood, pickups, string brand, etc., and everything to do with the recording engineer or the sound guy.

I never buy a guitar based on the guy fronting it.

If I"m buying a guitar, I'm much more concerned with how it plays, how it sounds and whether the controls make sense. I'm looking at fretboard material, fret size and material, radius of the fretboard, scale of the guitar, number of frets clear of the body. I'm looking at whether the tuners are reasonable quality, whether the guitar is going to stay in tune under a lot of bending and vibrato. I'm concerned about the size, weight and shape of the guitar; will the back edge dig into my ribs, will the front edge leave a dent in my forearm, will the pointy bits get chipped easily, can I put the thing on a guitar stand or lean it up against a wall if I need to? Does the control layout make sense? Can I do pinky swells or is the volume knob out in the weeds somewhere? Will the neck humbucker sound muddy? Is the bridge pickup TOO overwound? Is the five-way switch (if there is one) in the right place? What's going to get in the way? Will the output jack be in the wrong place if I try playing seated? Is the guitar neck-heavy (this is make or break for me) or is the guitar well balanced in a strap? How does it play? How's access to the upper frets? Will I have to rotate my hand to get to them? Is there a cutaway horn too close to the fretboard? Is there a clunky neck heel or body point that I'll be running into when I slide up to the upper frets?

And finally, are the frets level or will I be putting out money for a Good Initial Setup as part of my budget? Can I deck the action without having buzzing frets? Is the nut cut correctly? How thick is the neck? How much taper is in the neck?

And finally, is there anything special about the guitar sonically or control-wise or in the playability?

I don't own either guitar and wouldn't buy either one (unbiased mention).
You brought up good points about the warlock with the input jack and the ltd with the volume knob thanks
For Slayer sounds you want an EMG 81 in the bridge into a boosted Marshall style amp and not as much gain as you may think.

Look for the normal metal oriented brands with EMGs - Jackson, ESP/LTD, etc. Unfortunately B.C. Rich isn't what they used to be anymore.

To answer your question directly though I'd take the JH. I can't pull off the look of playing any of Kerry's guitars. . . . . Need something a bit more subdued for my personality.

Will you buy used? If so that opens up an entirely different tier of instruments.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
For Slayer sounds you want an EMG 81 in the bridge into a boosted Marshall style amp and not as much gain as you may think.

Look for the normal metal oriented brands with EMGs - Jackson, ESP/LTD, etc. Unfortunately B.C. Rich isn't what they used to be anymore.

To answer your question directly though I'd take the JH. I can't pull off the look of playing any of Kerry's guitars. . . . . Need something a bit more subdued for my personality.

Will you buy used? If so that opens up an entirely different tier of instruments.

BC Rich has new owners that seem to righting the wrongs of the past.. having said that you couldn't pay me to get the Kerry King model. if you want a Warlock then look at the new MK series (MK 7 I believe would be in your price range)
monwobobbo
I hope they do! I've been close to pulling the trigger on an ASM Pro several times before they were discontinued. . .

I really enjoy Slayer and have seen them 15 times probably if not more and Kerry always looks a bit odd playing those Warbeasts or whatever they are but it suits him I guess. Some folks love those Widow headstocks though.

My buddy only plays B.C. Rich basses and those are bad ass - Beast, Warlock, and 2 Ironbirds.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
metalmingee

I like Slayer but his sig guitar is just not my cup of tea. hate the widow headstock. I'm more about the original designs from BC Rich (Eagle, Mockingbird and Bich) and not really a fan of Warlocks but wouldn't mind having an original. the higher end stuff for BC Rich has been fairly decent since the early 2000s but sadly most players never had access to them and only played a Bronze series or the like which were crap.
Lol my first guitar was a bronze when I was like 15 haha! Right now I have a Jackson dkmg with 81/85 non trem. But it's bolt on and needs a luthier to look at it bad it was sitting in my garage for about 6 years while I wasn't playing. I would buy used but I would really have to be careful I don't get burned buying something defective. Slayer are the ones who inspired me to start playing as a teen there tone is awesome especially during seasons.