Hi guys,

I recently acquired a used strat copy guitar. Its has a floyd rose bridge and locking nut on the neck. Its actually really nice....But here's is the thing, the bridge acts like a standard non locking trem, in otherwords, it dives nicely but cannot raise the pitch as like a standard tremolo it cannot go backwards (pull the bar away from the body) as the guitar body was not machined for a floyd rose system.

I have a couple of other guitars with floyds and they are fully floating, up and down. Is this guitar right, is this an alternative system that i dont know of yet?

Cheers folks.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
It's called a flat mount.

Cool, so it is. Never heard of that before but youre right. Cheers.
you can raise the pitch if you change the setup a bit, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you can raise the pitch if you change the setup a bit, too.

Excellent. Cheers.
though probably not anywhere near as much as on a recessed trem. and you might have to shim the neck, depending on the exact setup on the guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave_Mc cheers Dave this is exactly what i am planning to do, no matter how i tweak the truss rod or adjudt the trem height i cannot get the action low enough to be usable without the upper frets rattling...i think shimming the neck must be the only way forward..
yeah. i've never actually got as far as doing it myself, but i think (famous last words ) it should work, at least it makes sense in my head... EDIT: by that i mean i do have non-recessed floyds but i didn't have to shim them.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?