I'm looking to build a solid rig that both my Engle Fireball 100 and my 6505+ will work well with. I'm looking for a case that will hold one head and some effects (like this: http://imgur.com/4zT22H9 ) but I could use some advice as to what to get to put IN the case other than eq and tube screamer. Any help would be appreciated!
Last edited by richard lane at Dec 23, 2016,
We used to have a couple of rolling racks that we collectively called HAL (2001: A Space Odyssey). Serious PIA, these were. You'll learn.

Okay, so if you're going to have your effects in the backline, you'll need a switching system (I suggest a good MIDI-based system, but I'm out of touch with what's current, sorry). You'll probably want a power conditioner. I had a Furman for a long time, but I recommend you check out the Carvin AC120, which will tell you what the actual wall voltage is and will turn on your gear sequentially to avoid a surge. You'll want a drawer for your effects. A rack is a great place to put a really good noisegate, like a Decimator G from ISP Technologies. A rack-mount tuner is handy.