Hey guys
So I want to cover some System Of A Down songs but I don't know what's the best guitar for doing this.
Any suggestions?
(Other than Ibanez DMM1)
SystemOfACrazy Welcome to Forum! There's a good suggestion
Quote by Tedward
SOAD rules man.

I liked them so much I bought an iceman. If you can find one, the IC200 is an AMAZING guitar for the price.

But, almost anything will work to play SOAD. In fact, before Daron started using Iceman's, he actually used Fender Stratocasters live.

And his Icemans werent very custom, to be honest. His main live guitar (I'm pretty sure) was a IC300, a basically stock, baritone Iceman, tuned to drop C. His pickups of choice were Gibson Burstbuckers ( I'm 90% sure ). Later on he started getting his dad to paint them with his original artwork.

After he got bored of the drop C tuned Iceman, He turned to Gibson SGs tuned to Drop D, 1/2 step down (drop Db) when Mezmerize came around.

I forgot to say that he used Gibson Les Pauls to record all his albums.

SO in short, if you can put .12s on it and tune to Drop C, and maybe throw some burtbuckers in there, and play it through a Marshall type amp, you can sound just like him.

More suggestions can be found in the following thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1210311
I'd say anything with 2 medium to high output humbuckers - or maybe EMGs- that feels comfortable to play.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
^ yeah that's what i'd have thought. at least solid-bodied, anyway.

other than that, googling to see what all gear he uses might get you closer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah that's what i'd have thought. at least solid-bodied, anyway.

other than that, googling to see what all gear he uses might get you closer.

Here's some help on that front:
http://equipboard.com/pros/daron-malakian
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!