Hello I am wanting to switch out a Floyd Rose Special for a Floyd Rose Original and I'm not sure what Nut size to get, there are R2 & R3. After I bought my guitar I was trying to find it online but couldn't even find a picture nonetheless information about it. It's a J&D guitar which is a European guitar maker, so if there are any ways I can measure the nut or any way to tell the nut size please let me know.
The dimensions are on the Floyd Rose site.

Do you need to replace the nut? If not leave the new one in the box.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
If the stock locking nut works perfectly fine, there is no point in changing it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
While we're about it, there really isn't much reason to change out a Floyd Rose Special for an Original unless you have to (color change, etc.) -- it's largely a waste of money until then. Spend your money on a larger brass sustain block for the existing Floyd instead.
dspellman I don't understand that. Because I thought the floyd rose original was made better, and with better materials. Also I thought it stayed in-tune better.
My Floyd Rose does go out of tune but its not that drastic. If I pull up it goes way out of tune. If I push down it goes out of tune if I do it a lot.
Quote by reliquitband
dspellman I don't understand that. Because I thought the floyd rose original was made better, and with better materials. Also I thought it stayed in-tune better.

There's really not much functional difference between the two. Unless that guitar is really old and the FR has really been trashed, there's no reason to replace it.
Quote by dspellman
There's really not much functional difference between the two. Unless that guitar is really old and the FR has really been trashed, there's no reason to replace it.

I was thinking the same thing. If the Floyd isn't setup correctly this is the type of results you see.

TS - make sure you have lubed the knife edges with chapstick and that the baseplate of the Floyd is exactly parallel to the body of the guitar. If the knife edges bind at all or the zero point is parallel things go wrong. Besides, you'll have the same issues with a OFR if it's not setup correctly as well.
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims