So i own a 14' epiphone les paul traditional pro, i love it, havent modded anything. And a squier HSS that i had a dimarzio thrown in the bridge, a 500k pot, additional tension springs . If I do make any more configurations id like to better my guitars with small things that can improve what is on there now (stock) ive been looking into "self lubricating nuts" but read that the only real benefit to this is for open chords and helps keep in tune (again, what i read). What your guys take on this? This only caught my eye when i read about the gibson faded sg and its hardware. If ya think theres anything little that can improve overall im all ears! thanks guys!
'15 Fender Stratocaster w/ Dimarzio p/u
'15 Squire Bullet Stratocaster w/ Dimarzio p/u
Marshall DSL40c
Replacing the nut with one with a more slippery material does marginally help. But what's far, far more important is that the slots are cut properly.

Getting the frets on the Epiphone levelled and dressed (in my experience, Epiphones rarely have perfectly level frets). Not exactly a small thing but good lord does it make a big difference.

Sanding the clearcoat on the back of the neck to make the neck satin etc.

Replacing the jack and the switch with Switchcraft parts (the Epiphone ones crap out quickly). The Switchcraft switches aren't cheap but you get what you pay for.

Replace the pots with Bourns or CTS ones. Not exactly a super cheap upgrade, but again you get what you pay for. They feel nicer and have a nicer taper.

Other than that, there isn't a whole lot else without spending actual money.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
That sounds pretty good, you mean all the pots?
Marshall DSL40c
Change the caps, change the world. Somewhere on the net i found a german guy that suggests getting a bunch of caps and gluing them to a board and trying each one with the guitar and amp running. Taste test every cap you have until you find a great one. I tore down a couple old radios and found one that really gave the guitar a punch, love it.
Quote by geo-rage
Change the caps, change the world. Somewhere on the net i found a german guy that suggests getting a bunch of caps and gluing them to a board and trying each one with the guitar and amp running. Taste test every cap you have until you find a great one. I tore down a couple old radios and found one that really gave the guitar a punch, love it.

Give this a read first before suggesting to people to change capacitors.

http://zerocapcable.com/?page_id=224
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Audi taper or linear?
Marshall DSL40c
Quote by VirgoLife87
Audi taper or linear?

Audio for both volume and tone controls.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Give this a read first before suggesting to people to change capacitors.

http://zerocapcable.com/?page_id=224
thanks. I had a lot of fun trying out caps. I wouldnt discourage people from trying different ones. Thats a good article.