So, my first guitar influenced this current project very much. Said first guitar was a 1964 Hagstrom H III I pulled out of a dumpster in Santa Cruz when I was 15.

I recently picked up a new Hagstrom H III body devoid of all pieces and hardware. The faceplate/pickguard Im buying is cut to be a S/H/S.

Given the style of music I play, I want to put a strat invader in the neck and a dual rail single coil for the bridge. Im uncertain what to put in the mid (H).

I play punk, grunge, alt rock, that kind of stuff, so Im not sure if I want a dual humbucker of some kind or maybe something guteral like a p90.

Im putting a jaguar style hardtail trem bridge instead of a standard Hagstrom trem bridge.

I plan on wiring up the pickups and the like in the same style as the original H III, but I may pull a Jaguar with a tone and volume pot accessable via a top switch (wired in where thr Hagstrom kill switch is).

Advice or thoughts?
Again, this is a guitar being built for dynamic rock and punk, so I dont want any EMG or the like.
Thread was moved to forum: Gear Building & Customizing
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
So, you're making one of these
https://reverb.com/item/1779126-hagstrom-retroscape-series-h-iii-model-black-gloss?gclid=Cj0KEQiA-f3CBRCbluKf4vu008kBEiQAl-iGq-PJKE73wyO-1McVyE-sSQZ6TAJqqRA4B9pBSUDzSAMaApgs8P8HAQ&pla=1

into a S/H/S? But comitted to using a SC-sized HB in the bridge, so it's like a H/H/S?

Unusual.

What's your budget?

Are you going to use a Fender bridge or Maestro?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!