Alright guys before you grill me on gear, software, setup, etc. understand that though I enjoy recording it is a hobby and I might not be looking to spend more $$$ at the moment, but feel free to make suggestions!
Anyway, the only thing I can complain about my recording experience is that I always seem to get a real nasally tone. You know like if my amp had a nose it would be holding it shut.
Here's my setup from guitar to desktop:
ESP LTD MH-350NT (EMG 81/85)
Peavey 6505+
Amp has an XLR direct out that goes to an
(I've tried using an SM57 but that was worse)
iMic by Griffin
To GarageBand

In GarageBand I only use a basic EQ as I like to keep my tone pretty barebones. I've tried using the AU Multiband Compressor and can get some ok results. What do you guys suggest to fix that nasally sound?

Here's my most recent recording using the named hardware and software with only an amp EQ and a little tweak with a GarageBand EQ.
Morindi92 It sounds okay to me. Not great but okay, definitely usable though. I would say to try the SM57 (you have an Audio Interface with XLR inputs, right) and work with it until you get better results. Maybe try micing closer to the voice coil (center of speaker) for lead lines and more towards the edge of the cone for rhythm lines. Also be sure you have the bass guitar taking up more of the actual bass frequencies than the guitar.

I do think some reverb or delay on the lead lines would help give you a more professional sound. Also a tubescreamer or like drive pedal in front of the amp (gain low, level high) might could help you poke out the midrange a little more and give you a tighter sound, then you can put the guitars back down in the mix a little more. Or even reduce midrange a bit on rhythm lines to make room for vocals.
You could try taking fx send out to the iMic and using impulse response speaker loader. You need LeCab AU and some impulse responses, like these:
http://cabs.kalthallen.de/kalthallen_free.html

So basically you record your amp without speaker emulation and then add the speaker emulation in software.
Quote by diabolical
You could try taking fx send out to the iMic and using impulse response speaker loader. You need LeCab AU and some impulse responses, like these:

So basically you record your amp without speaker emulation and then add the speaker emulation in software.

These are some of the best impulses out there. I'll use these over the AxeFX all the time.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
Quote by diabolical

probably going to sound like a total noob here but I don't know what those are or how I would apply them but it sounds promising. I listened to some of the demos in the link.