Greetings all an I hope you all had a great Christmas, yesterday under the tree I found this wonderful gift from my amazing girlfriend, an Ibanez Jet King 2.

I have been looking at getting a more vintage styled instrument for a while to get a bit more of a traditional inspiration (playing br00tz on my 7 strings and Les Paul gets a bit boring after a while) and as women are known to do, she has read my mind and managed to find this gem god knows where.

Firstly, a little about the guitar I have manged to find on the internet, mine is the earlier run which has the sunburst finish and tortoise shell pickguards, with two Ibanez Super 58 pickups (Alnico III, smooth, round, PAF like pickup, apparently these are very sought after pickups). This is the most collectible version apparently and is super rare to find these days.

The guitar itself is apparently quite collectible from what I have seen.

Mine is an 03 model judging by the serial number.

Specs:

Mahogany Body
Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard (another instrument I will have to register, cheers furniture industry)
Ibanez Super 58 pickups
Bolt On.

I love this guitar, it sounds amazing, plays great after I performed a set up (from the looks of it, it has been left neglected for many years, action was sky high, Intonation was way off, fretboard needed conditioning after a thorough clean, body needed a good polish). It really inspires me to get a little bluesy or a little jazzy, I now have the perfect guitar to compliment the little group sessions me and some friends will be having where there is a Saxphone, Trumpet, Clarinet, Acoustic Guitar and some basic drums and percussion, should be a lot of fun!

The neck is quite Fender like, it is quite thin and round rather than wide and flat like other Ibanez guitars and it weighs a fairly decent amount, about the same as my Les Paul.

I am not really one for naming guitar, but I have decided to name this one Lucy, after my girlfriend.

Now for the pics!

Thanks for your time and I hope you all have a great day.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Last edited by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma at Dec 26, 2016,
well doesn't that look tasty! very nice, congrats! i hope you got her something nice as well. ;-)
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
gregs1020

Thanks. Yes it's a beaut, very classy and a much more mature sound than my current stock, even the Les Paul with Probuckers sounds more modern than this.

I got her a diamond and white gold necklace and a couple of other things that probably shouldn't be mentioned on a family friendly guitar forum lol.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
I'm jealous that looks great and has a great vintage vibe which is cool. Nobody bought me a guitar for Christmas but I did get a Digitech JamMan Stereo Looper and a TC Electronics Flashback Delay so I'm not complaining.

Anyway that is a great gift I have been wanting a vintage looking guitar for a while now.

HNGD Rock On
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

HNGD! And with such a departure from the UG norm, too!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Evilnine
Thanks, it is cool to have a vintage styled guitar, I thoroughly recommend it, I don't know about you but as I have gotten older I have started to see myself more as a "Guitar Player" than a "Metal Head/Player", I still love metal don't get me wrong, but my playing horizons have certainly broadened, and it is improving my playing as a whole, and is certainly a lot more fun.

Glad you got some pedals though, pedals are always fun, how are you finding the flashback and looper?
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
dannyalcatraz

Thankyou, yes it is quite a different guitar, which is something I love about it, 100% a keeper for life this one, major sentimental value already and it just screams "Play me and take me everywhere and we will have amazing stories to tell when we are both old and grey"
geo-rage

Thankyou, yes she certainly is a looker, I love the combination of sunburst and tortoise shell pickguard, with the old style coil split switches.

The hardware is already starting to tarnish, as long as it doesn't effect the playability and structural integrity, I think I will leave it as is and let it relic naturally and age as I do.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Last edited by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma at Dec 27, 2016,
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
Evilnine
Thanks, it is cool to have a vintage styled guitar, I thoroughly recommend it, I don't know about you but as I have gotten older I have started to see myself more as a "Guitar Player" than a "Metal Head/Player", I still love metal don't get me wrong, but my playing horizons have certainly broadened, and it is improving my playing as a whole, and is certainly a lot more fun.

Glad you got some pedals though, pedals are always fun, how are you finding the flashback and looper?

Yeah I am the same way musically (metalhead 4 life) but I have changed as I grow older. Ironically I was first drawn to play by listenening to my Dad's instrumental surf record by The Ventures and Dick Dale and lately have come around to playing quite a bit of that again I love the extreme reverb

I want a vintage style guitar but not necessarily the Strat/Les Paul shapes I really like the Hamer Sunburst and would kill to get an vintage American one.

I am having to clean out my jam room as it was a staging area for christmas gifts for my 4 grandchildren who live with us and it is still a mess I have not been able to jam for a week or so, I am most excited anout the looper I mostly just jam alone at home in my little studio and I think this is going to be a really fun toy hopefully I can get it hooked up tonight.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Nice - I have had one of these for a while, a black one, it was my main gigging guitar throughout my teenage years. it's a little worse for wear at the moment but I've been meaning to clean it and set it up for a while. When I have the time I will.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.