So I'm looking at buying myself a new amp, possibly a Vox Ac30 or a Supro Royal Reverb. Both of these amps have Tremolo built in. Is there any way to completely shut off the trem if I don't want to use it? If i turn down the speed all the way will the Tremolo still be going very slowly, or does doing that shut it off?

P.S. which amp would you recommend between the two?
"If you find your truth you must follow it. You could find it in a paper bag, or in a statue, or in a slaughterhouse; you might find it dangling somewhere. People might say, '"What the heck are you doing?"', but it's OK if they don't understand. And if you follow it stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine."
~BPC
Last edited by GhostHost13 at Dec 26, 2016,
normally when you turn it to zero the trem is off, but i haven't tried the supro and it's ages since i've tried the vox.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by GhostHost13
So I'm looking at buying myself a new amp, possibly a Vox Ac30 or a Supro Royal Reverb. Both of these amps have Tremolo built in. Is there any way to completely shut off the trem if I don't want to use it? If i turn down the speed all the way will the Tremolo still be going very slowly, or does doing that shut it off?

P.S. which amp would you recommend between the two?
What AC30 model are you looking at? My C2 has no trem applied to the signal with the depth knob at minimum. You can also get a footswitch for it to toggle the reverb/trem on and off. Not sure about the Supro, but if it has tremolo- there should be a way to turn it off.

Also, what genres are you playing?
Last edited by Will Lane at Dec 26, 2016,
I have both amps that do and don't. they generally come with a foot switch that would control it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Will Lane I'm playing Alternative Rock/Funk Rock/Fusion. Also yes i'm looking at the C2 for the vox
"If you find your truth you must follow it. You could find it in a paper bag, or in a statue, or in a slaughterhouse; you might find it dangling somewhere. People might say, '"What the heck are you doing?"', but it's OK if they don't understand. And if you follow it stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine."
~BPC
Last edited by GhostHost13 at Dec 26, 2016,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
I have both amps that do and don't. they generally come with a foot switch that would control it.

yeah that's what i was thinking... if there's no footswitchable control odds are the knob set to minimum would turn it off (the reverb on my genz benz black pearl is like that as it's not footswitchable).

at least, that's what should happen if the designers were sensible.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?